Off Topic Landfill

Pretentious idiot is more toxic then just an idiot, IMO.

1 Like

I started locally I’m guessing in the mid 90’s. I didn’t go national until 2012 (I think). I had a leasing education website called autoleasegeek. com which I started in 2011. People accessing my site began asking me if I would help them get a lease and that’s how it started nationally. I did have a few local contacts (banks and dealerships) which is where I got most of my information. Stopped around 2015 as I had problems with people hacking my website. Some cyber security experts thought it was people in the car business which surprised me. Anyway, I stopped negotiating leases for a fee. Hope this answers your question.
Planning any attacks?

And, I agree! It doesn’t matter whether he likes me or not. I still respect him for his knowledge and told him so in a post which you conveniently placed in landfill. Don’t know if he ever read it.

58%20AM

7 Likes

It’s “than” not then". Your English grammar is atrocious. If you went to college, you should ask for a refund of your tuition. Apparently, you didn’t learn a damn thing except how to be a menace and a nuisance. … and, a master goof off.

What a gem! My, you’re really clever! Love to showboat your tech savvy, eh? By all means, take us back to that time oh Trusted Hackr since you pretend to know so much…

YES!! This right here. People hate shopping for cars thats why they use us. All they care about is how much they will pay up front and how much they will pay every month and how many miles per year they drive.

1 Like

5 Likes

I calculate all the leases with my desking program that I use that is updated every day and is the same programs that all dealers use to desk deals. These programs contain all possible incentives, and all the tiny details that you are talking about. These calculations also take up a lot of time and are very tedious and we only do it when we suspect our dealership contact messed something up, and 100% of the time when we have found a mistake it gets fixed before the customer even knows. Respectfully, I do not know how other states work with their sales tax as I am only Licensed in California, and we have tax here as well and each county has almost a completely different tax rate. This “stuff” about trust isn’t a lot of baloney to be honest because no dealership contact will lie to a broker that they have been working with on a daily basis for consistently 4 years, they will not throw away a relationship like that because in the end this business is about making money and if they ruin relationships they aren’t making any money. I appreciate the debate, and I see where you’re coming from in some of your arguments and there are a lot of deceitful brokers out there who will lie to customers but we can’t let one out of a bunch ruin the reputation of brokers. I’m done with this thread and am tapping out, thank you. Don’t forget to keep it professional and mature, we’re all adults here.

1 Like

That ship has sailed. Delta has pretty much insulted the majority of people here one way or another. So much for professionalism, especially from a retired professor.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s really you, huh? Not the way I pictured you at all. I pictured you to be much more professional. Guess I was wrong! Okay, you can go back to picking your nose.

This topic is cringe-worthy… The only thing that is different from LH calculator and lets say a typical dealer calculator is some bs taxes/dmv fees.

Some examples:

Tire Tax
Luxury Tax
DMV charges (especially when out of state through private tag agency)

These are actual charges, every calculator calculates the lease in similar way. Once I know the doc fee (not necessary in NY/PA) of a dealership and am working with a client all I need to check is the sales price and MF on their calculator.

Let me ask you something, if there was a discrepancy in one calculator vs another of .10 cents a month, would you demand it be .1 cents cheaper? Much of the time, it works out that the I give a higher rate than what the dealer calculates (through me estimating dmv fees), and in the end the customer will benefit from the dealer calculator.

PS almost everyone leasing, only cares about what they pay per month and how much they put upfront. As in the end, that’s what it comes down to

1 Like

Glad you’re so amused. No fairy tale where I’m concerned. As for the rest, well…

No. 202020202020202020

Then, how do they know if they’re getting a good deal? The payment may be too high for all they know.

Like I said… you wouldn’t go to bat for 10 cents a month

Because they get quotes from more than just one source. Do you know nothing about negotiation?

Come on… be reasonable. I’m not going to bitch about $.10. If it’s a dollar or more, I’d be concerned if I were brokering a deal. Good calculators shouldn’t be off by more than a buck.

How many quotes? What sample size does one need to be convinced that what they’re getting is truly a good deal? Where does one draw the line? And, yes, I know quite a bit about negotiation. I don’t play games like “can you beat this” or “can you match that”. I think many of the dealerships I’ve dealt with will tell you I’m a fairly good negotiator. And, it mostly focused on sell price where I took supply / demand factors into account.
Look, I think my approach is valid and can’t help that posters don’t agree with my approach. Let them use whatever approach they like.

Obviously you don’t know anything about getting a good deal, this is the best way to do that. It’s more like How much can you beat this by.

Read up on game theory… I’d say 3-4 quotes coupled with good negotiation, depending on car (loaners you need more)