Off Topic Landfill

KD6-3.7…
I know you and I have had bitter exchanges but, I honestly have learned a lot from you already and have overlooked your references to me in a few of your posts. I’m not in the car business and have very little knowledge about relationships with dealers and manufacturers. I’m a mathematician and an economist and, that’s where it stops. I do, however, know a lot about leasing mathematics and software and have developed more efficient ways to quickly compute payments with one keystroke than many of the dealer software packages that aren’t designed, for instance, to cap the first payment.
Perhaps, you can understand my problem with ursus. He loves to bait and instigate. Apparently, he has nothing better to do than trail me and others with the objective of hurling insults. Just keep him and his playmates in front of you at all times. The guy should be banned from this website IMO.
And, yes, it would be a loss if this website lost you. Thanks for your contributions.

Which is exactly what I did and got criticized for it. I didn’t start any of this! When I played football, I played defense. I was trained to read and react.

Lol! 4 days ago you didn’t know how A-Plan is calculated. Yet today, you’re the big expert. Ha!

Yep, never really looked at the inner workings until last night because I never used it and don’t even have it. But you nailed me, man. You really did LOL
BTW, my point has always been than 6% off MSRP should be a safe number to calculate a-plan price.

I just mention it because buyers will think they got cheated when the actual price is above 94% before incentives. The simple solution is to look at the invoice itself. If you have the VIN, it can be looked up by anyone with VISTA.

Fight nice kids…

The actual a-plan price will not be above 6% by 1-2.5% (freight, advertising) that you imply it will be, I believe. 6% is a valid number for calculations, but the final a-plan price on the lease may be slightly different, sure.
My point is there is no need to confuse nice folks (including myself) with adding/removing advertisement fee, freight, etc. The final a-plan price will be around 6% and will be shown to the buyer, whether it includes advertisement fee or not.
And there is no need to look at invoice, you can just get a-plan price from your dealer or from a-plan site.

1 Like

Like I said- the simple solution is to use the invoice amount as the base A-Plan price, not the 6% off MSRP.

Why trust the dealer to give you the A-Plan price? Half the time they don’t even know what it is. Any Volvo dealer can pull the invoice to any car- try me. Send me a VIN to one of your cars and I’ll give you the A-Plan price that’s printed on it. Or I can post the invoice itself if you like, blocking the dealer name if you like.

Here’s the invoice I posted in the other thread. We have 5% advertising and $10 charity. To me, $51,586 (invoice and base A-Plan) is 95% of $54,305:

I really don’t imagine dealers telling hackrs that base A-Plan is $510 above what they think it is will go over well. If the dealer’s advertising is $600 (as in southern CA) or $750 (as in Arizona), the problem gets worse. To me, getting the invoice amount is the least confusing way to go. If one is dealing with a transparent dealer, that’s easy to get. Your way of using 6% will create problems and feelings of being cheated.

I’ve been “fighting nice” all along. If Ursus is going to be a good moderator, he should consider backing off the cheap shots and telling people they’re wrong, when in fact it’s the other way around. A moderator should know better than to act like a bully.

1 Like

So, I shouldn’t trust a dealer (who can pull it at any time) with the a-plan price, but should trust you for the same? You kind of contradict yourself here, no? LOL Besides, dealer MUST disclose a-plan price, anyway. Why would they hide it?

Also, on a bit different note: I’ve always been going by invoice before, but it is a pain to figure it out - building the car on Edmunds, then figuring out how much you want to get under the invoice. Going by % off is way easier and less confusing. Who cares about the exact invoice and how much under it one should get when you can just take 10% off MSRP (approximate invoice + holdback) and go from there? There must be a reason why most people here go by % off.

Do you really think your average hackr here is going to reliably get the actual invoice amount when he asks for it? I’m saying no, a dealer shouldn’t be trusted. Looking at the invoice will eliminate that doubt.

I’m saying give me a VIN to one of your cars and I’ll tell you the invoice amount to it. Are you that paranoid that I will give you the wrong invoice amount? Seriously? You’re grasping at straws.

A dealer is supposed to disclose the A-Plan price. Doesn’t mean he will. Are you that naive?

Do you work at a Volvo dealer or not? Building cars on Edmunds???

:smile::smile::smile:
It is NOT about you. I am saying that IF one uses A-plan then the dealer MUST disclose the A-plan pricing (invoice) as per Volvo, period. If you don’t go with a-plan, it MAY be difficult to get it out from the dealer.

Yeah, believe it or not, I used Edmunds for invoice pricing. But I learned a lot since joining LH, so now I go by %.
Why do you think I work at Volvo? I’ve just been leasing them for many years.
p.s. And I also stayed at Holiday Inn Express.

The dealer is supposed to show the invoice, disclose the incentives, and give the customer a worksheet delineating all of that. Don’t expect all dealers to know this or do this. That would be naive.

Here’s a trick the community can use- take the MSRP, subtract the $995 destination, multiply by 94%, add back the destination, advertising, and charity and you’ll be right on the money if the car doesn’t have port installed options. If it does, you’ll still be reasonably close. The margin in PIOs is not 6%.

If you don’t work at a Volvo dealer, you should have acted like you do. I don’t feel like digging back through hundreds of posts to find it, but I’m pretty sure you said you do. You’ve been posting excerpts from bulletins and talking about reading them. That’s not something a non-Volvo dealer employee should have access to.

Just so I’m clear here, are you a Volvo dealer, @KD6-3.7?

Yes. But I’m not looking to post marketplace specials here or solicit business. At least not now. I don’t think we would be competitive with some of the Volvo deals being given or claimed here.

The steps are spelled out in the bulletins, don’t they?

Please, dig and let us know when you find it LOL

I’m pretty certain that you do. Some of the stuff you say is idiotic, so I sometimes wonder.

Doesn’t sound right, but maybe things are different in NY/NJ. Do you have the VIN to that car? How much is your total stackable lease offers?

The selling price can’t be lower then A-Plan when using A-Plan. It’s not on a specific car, it’s a general offer.

$7200 Lease cash

Okay, so assuming your cars are invoiced to Bay Ridge Volvo American, on stock# 218477 for example, the MSRP is $53,835 and the invoice (and base A-Plan price) is $51,337. Subtract $7,200 and $3,000, and the A-Plan selling price would be $41,137, correct?

Your selling price in your first post can’t be $49,161, is it?