Off Topic Landfill

This is a gorgeous ride.

1 Like

What color is that?

Frozen Barcelona Blue

Custom order?

Nopeā€¦ first edition M850is came in that colorā€¦ 400 of them made

1 Like

Mes018 - what was your deal? Curious. Iā€™m looking at possibly getting a red one too. I want a moonroof though. Think thatā€™s only avail on Limited/Platinum?

If you watch the documentary about that case is was an extremely valid lawsuit. I donā€™t know why everyone brings that example up as a frivolous lawsuit without knowing the facts of the case.

4 Likes

I was going to say, people just go for the headlines without bothering to dive in deeper. Coffee wasnā€™t just too hot, it was boiling hot and not fit for consumption.

1 Like

The article says why:
ā€œAccording to Conover, lawyers spent years running a disinformation campaign, which much of the media bought intoā€.
Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m in that group not knowing the full facts. We also donā€™t know all the facts about OPs deal.
But just as McD didnā€™t change there practices until they were sued, perhaps the dealerships need to be accountable for what they do as well

1 Like

Yes, but we now have the internet to dispel corporate propaganda.

Leasehacking 101!

The people that do this are disgusting.

1 Like

If you want to know disgusting, look up copyright trolls. However, not sure why weā€™re comparing any of this to Op. He didnā€™t screw a mom-and-pop shop, he took advantage of the dealerā€™s greed and shady business practices. Knowing this was done to a FCA dealer only makes it sweeter.

2 Likes

I studied that case in a jurisprudence class in college. When you look at the facts, that lawsuit was legit. The type of injuries that person sustained was gruesome - yes, even for a hot cup of coffee.

If anyone is interested, it is a very interesting case. Little know fact, McDonalds was making coffee WAY hotter than their competitors. You can thank this lady for not getting permanently disfigured if you spill McDonaldā€™s coffee on yourself.

1 Like

Serving coffee at 180 degrees is the textbook definition of negligence. She only wanted $20k for medical bills, they offered her $800. She was not looking for a get rich scheme. Thereā€™s a good documentary called ā€œhot coffeeā€. Highly recommend it if your a Doc nerd like meā€¦

1 Like

say what you want about that lawsuit but it was textbook rewarding stupid peopleā€¦ regardless if coffee is 140 degrees or 190 degrees itā€™s going to cause damage to the skin when its that hotā€¦ Also the boiling point of water is 100 degrees Celsius aka 212 degrees Fahrenheit but the National coffee association says 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit is the ideal temperature for coffee.

Now did she stick a thermometer in the coffee to test how hot it was? highly doubt that, at the end of the day she didnā€™t ask for a cupholder, didnā€™t use common sense to wait for it to cool down, McDonalds had the temperature of the coffee 5 degrees lower than optimal temperature and she still cried foul when she burned herself.

National coffee association? I wonder who formed that bs lobby? Passing a hot beverage through a window into someoneā€™s car at 180-190 degrees is negligent. And the jury agreed. Thatā€™s how our judicial system works. Donā€™t be a corporate boot licker, I assure you they donā€™t care about youā€¦

2 Likes

The whole thing was that her coffee severely burned her, and McDonalds passed it off. Their insurance would have covered it, and the coffee machine was set to hotter than normal. That was the whole point about the lawsuit.

1 Like

yeah McDonalds definitely formed them in 1911ā€¦ they went back in time with a time machine for the sole purpose of running a smear campaign against a 70 year old woman, donā€™t make yourself look stupid by defending stupidity at its finest.

McDonalds greedy? yeah Iā€™m not gonna deny that, large corporations are there to make money. They could have resolved it by paying off the medical bills but one of their lawyers decided it would be fun to waste more time and money I guess. It could have been handled better by McDonaldā€™s but it was frivolous to begin with.

They say 195-205 is the ideal temperature for the brewing/extraction of coffee, not the serving of coffee.