Signing Alfa Stelvio Quad

Missed that part. But I’ve seen less interesting stories on the local news.

I’m guessing the ad dept at that dealership will dot their i’s in the future.

What the hell happened here??

Fight nice, kids!

:bat:

3 Likes

With laws like these who needs thieves!

The dealership’s local news on the otherhand

On the other hand Alfa doesn’t need more press. Even if it’s bad…

I just love the fact that a dealership running a bait and switch was forced to give out their bait deal!! Love it!!

5 Likes

Surfer did not know Mass. consumer protection laws prevent companies from advertising and a legal binding to honor those ads with exceptions for date and genuine lack of supply. Lazarus questioned it, I posted it, and retracted it to DM it Lazarus instead, Lazarus deleted his response, and I deleted my response.

Edit: I’m including the quote from the Mass. State govmnt FAQ about Consumer Protection.

Truth in Advertising and Sales

Did you know?:

• The salesperson cannot misrepresent the price or claim that it is reduced or offered for a limited time only, if it’s untrue
  • The store must honor the price in the advertisement, even if it is wrong, until they correct the misrepresentation using the same advertising medium and/or by corrective signs in the store.

Medium includes website.

Source

1 Like

I just asked a question… what surfer said in his deleted post.

Hershey posted a dm by accident and deleted it

I posted a response to hershey’s message but deleted it in favor of a dm (asking why it was deleted).

1 Like

It’s one thing to file a formal complaint. It’s another to threaten litigation.

This sounds very similar to stories of people seeking out non-compliant ADA examples and threatening to sue to make a nearly guaranteed $20k. Does not make for a small business-friendly world, despite the fact that some dealerships deserve it.

Honestly, my initial reaction was of regret over a missed opportunity to score a sweet F-Pace deal back in December from a similar bait n switch. But reading this made me rethink my ethics.

Great thread.

1 Like

I just don’t get why anyone would have any angst against the OP. Dealers screw people over every day. So they go screwed once. So what? What he did was within the law. If you have a problem with the law then that’s a completely different discussion.

Yes there are many frivolous law suits and I hate them as much as the next guy. This wasn’t a fake slip and fall. This dealer deserved this and I am happy to see it happened.

5 Likes

If anything, what OP did should be written up in an article and posted all over to educate the public, so that dealers think twice pulling this crap again.

4 Likes

Nice car OP, now let’s see it!!
Interesting arguments here. I’m on the side of to each his own. You hear about plenty of dealerships using tactics to the less informed buyers who in the end pay too much… heck I felt like one of them which is why I joined LH since I’m in the middle of hacking my first lease and didn’t want to go in blind.

Would I have gone that far for a deal?.. no, not worth my time. But others clearly would and probably get an enjoyment over sticking it to the Man. Having worked with websites in the past I can tell you first hand you can relatively quickly remove/change content. Most likely a bait and switch IMHO. I say good for OP for getting such a great deal. He went further than most would care to. Lawyer??

All kinds of people in this world… remember the lady who sued McDonald’s after she spilled hot coffee on her own lap and won! Now every cup everywhere says “contents may be hot” :joy:

Stay on-topic.

It’s being shipped. There was not (still is not) a Stelvio Quad for sale in my state.

1 Like

Oh jeez… Here comes the next thread about the badger or raccoon or God knows what ends up eating it while it’s on the transport truck…

2 Likes

OP is the 38% residual an error? That is quite low.

Haters gonna hate man. You called the dealer out on their BS pricing and scored a solid deal. 99% of the haters here would have jumped on this deal, no doubt about that.

Well done!

1 Like

Who gives a flying f*dge bout residual if the overall deal is good no?

The misleading ad was most likely intentional and not a mistake.
Last year at this time, I was looking to lease a new leftover Y2018 Stelvio Quad when I came across a similar ad on this website that went something like this…

“I got some news today that Alfa was going to be a little more aggressive with the Quad lease so I put together a 36 month, 10k miles a year lease with ZERO due at signing, but I didn’t add taxes. “
$999 a month with nothing due (Without tax)

I gave the salesperson at the dealership a call, only to be told the advertisement was a mistake, but that he could offer a similar deal.

Any updates?

1 Like

racoon scratched his door trim, and the shipper waived it through. No idea what to do next.

2 Likes