Off Topic Landfill

Makes it easier to figure out which key goes with which car.

3 Likes

I love that ///M flair on the blade key and was somewhat disappointed when my 440i came with this key instead.

As the sales guy finished up and handed me the keys to our [model omitted to foster an environment of austerity and humility], he emphasized the styling of the key about four times.

The whole time I’m thinking, “Sir, it’s a key. May we go now?”

2 Likes

Did he make any mention of the cavernous trunk of your basic transportation?

2 Likes

I think he was trying to distract me from that with all of his key talk.

1 Like

Key topics are important.

no he was trying to distract you while his co-worker removed the passed out prostitutes in trunk from last night’s festivities.

1 Like

If a deal is too good to be true, there’s often a story behind the car once you dig a little deeper. At the end of the day though it’s a lease: Use it, abuse it; and turn it in when you’re done.

until the cops stop by and ask you why they found a dead hooker with carpet fibers from your massive trunk.

1 Like

that’s a good one lmao.

Clearly a surgeon’s car.

Yes, sound is pretty good and crackles

Good to hear. This isn’t the case for F80 M3 where comp model sounds significantly better. Lately BMW is slapping Competition on all M cars with a number of improvements. M IMO should be the top dog out of the gate vs making regular vs comp distinction.

There’s different levels of M for every size bank account.

it’s just a way to keep costs down, you could buy a non comp and throw a jb4 on it and you would be making more than a comp, M and Amg dont care about top dog anymore with baby M’s and Amg’s everybody is doing their part to capitalize on the golden age of performance cars.

Please explain. The screen shot in the trophy garage is different than that posted above. The trophy garage one says 10k cash upfront and the above one seems to to show zero? Is there a screenshot issue?

@Zsikand Actually this is even more confusing. the QUote worksheet is dated 09/30 and the lease worksheet is dated 10/03, so it seems the quote was for 0 down but then you did the deal with 10k down?

+1 re: capitalizing on M / AMG names.

As for the tune, I would be hesitant to do it due to the risk of voiding the warranty (especially on 100k+ car). But as you said, there are different options out there and the aftermarket support for these cars is great. Also, Comp offers a lot more tweaks (exhaust, suspension, cosmetic, etc) vs regular so it isn’t just a tune.

$850/mo with $10,500 and $4k+ DAS = ~$1,295/mo with 0 down and $2k DAS. Around $100/mo off the $1,394 in the title

1 Like