Off Topic Landfill

true but it’s all computer options meaning you can have somebody get into the settings and unlock everything, the jb4 is a plug and play tune not a reflash.

I eventually put money down, to bring that payment down. That was my allowance from work for a vehicle, so to free myself from any payment obligations. Also, the residuals increased in October, hence the $100 difference for the original post. I didn’t want to break it down again, and therefore didn’t change the title. My apologies.

You committed the cardinal sin of LH by putting 10k down! For that you must go to confession to father @michael

I know brother, but I got gap insurance. I didn’t want to deal with a payment every month.

It has oft been debated. Were you better off doing 0 down and pay the difference with the 10k lump sum stashed in a revenue making account or giving 10k to BMWFS? Gentlemen, start your engines (only M and AMG engines allowed for this race)…

I think you have a misunderstanding of GAP. GAP is helpful when you put $0 down, not $10k down.

2 Likes

are we talking real M cars and Amg or everything :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:. sorry I had to do it.

I hear you. But BMW is pricing the Mxxi models the same way as the regular M models used to be priced. Eg X3M40i at 65k MSRP and X3M at 78k MSRP!! What a rip-off. Doesn’t the base X3 start at 40k? So assume you throw in a 10k engine/parts upgrade and 10k options, I still don’t see how you are getting to 78k MSRP just because it is an “M”…

This is just an attempt by BMW to create yet another price tier … to better gouge you with …

1 Like

Right remember when an M5 was only $60k?

I agree it’s all about the benjamins, you think a hellcat really cost 69k to make? the base chally/charger is 30k, you really think they got 40k worth of engine, tranny and suspension upgrades worth 40k? probably more like 20-25k.

a base xlt pickup truck is 35k, and loaded ones are at 70k, I don’t think there’s 35k worth of upgrades to get from 35k to 70k lol.

the germans finally learned how to gouge again, no adaptive cruise control on 50k+ vehicles :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:.

adjusted for inflation

2004 e500 = 60k msrp base = 79k msrp
2019 e53 amg = 73k msrp

2004 e55 amg = 75k msrp = 99k msrp
2019 e63 amg = 105k msrp

there weren’t that many options back then so there would be a huge gap between loaded vehicles now.

Haven’t done research on bmw, I’ll check it out but inflation is a hell of a drug!

Just looked it up. 2018 base M5 (103k) was over 8.5k more MSRP than 2017 base M5. Price gouging is in full effect… A full 10% MSRP increase… In 2000, base M5 MSRP was 70k…

yeah that’s painfully egregious, 2016 to 2018 went from rwd to awd, don’t think you can justify 10k for awd lol, maybe 3-4k max.

Also 70k in 2000 = 102k today adjusted for inflation.

Yes that’s the story exactly. While over the last 15 or so years, it seems the M5 has been moderately priced in each successive year, in the last 2 years, seems BMW is going right for the kill with a 10% increase in “real M” prices and introduction for the “newer” Mxxi models priced at what the real M used to be a couple of years ago…

Good point. I had a 2003 e39 M5 (was NOT original owner) and had the original window sticker showing $76k and that was AFTER the $1k gas guzzler tax. :wink:

Funny, if that’s about $105k now due to inflation, why does it feel like my earnings haven’t gone up at the same rate? hah.

2 Likes

average income hasn’t adjusted well to inflation, that’s the big issue. And you are not alone.

How many years does one have to go back till a new M550i keeps up performance wise with an M5 or an E53 AMG with an E63?

:bat:

I think whats justifying these costs is just the sheer power the E63 and M5 have nowadays. We’re talking Sub 3 0-60 that is straight Huracan numbers at 100k base. Actually insane when you think about it that way!

the m550i is on par with a 2013-2016 m5, the e53 amg is on par with a 2010-2013 e63 amg. Even our e55 amg can keep pace with the e53 if you take out most of the mods, w/mods. imagine a 2004 e55 with lights mods dead even with a 2020 e53 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually the X3 M’s are decently priced if you compare them with the outgoing F80 M3’s.

The sweet spot is still the X3 M40i with a mid 50’s base price. Go spec a 30i X similarly and see how close you get.