Off Topic Landfill

Congrats! You forgot to say your garage is full of marijuana plants hence the $1k consumption bills.

1 Like

Sadly, itā€™s more of having two AC units from the 90s, a pool pump, a previous owner that ducted the AC into the garage, and living in the middle of the desert where itā€™s 100+ all summerā€¦

and CA having ridiculously high power rates.

1 Like

Panel gap and leftover crumbs in their ā€œNot-CPOā€ cars arenā€™t for everyone.

You are a perfect example for solar! I was at $250/mo for the 3 summer months and my solar payoff is just under 5 yearsā€¦yours should be at about 3 years. Look into it fast.

Unfortunately, my roof is facing the wrong direction and largely shaded by trees for solar to be effective. Iā€™ve gone down that route.

I managed to cut that $1000 back to $4-500 by closing off the ducting to the garage and keeping the ac set to a higher temp. Still hurts, but not as bad.

Iā€™m a much better candidate for moving out of California. Screw this place.

Our place in California is smaller and itā€™s empty ~3 weeks a month, but itā€™s not uncommon for our gas/electric bills to be higher.

Can you share numbers about solar payoff in 5 years or fewer?

2 Likes

Yes, i hear AZ or NV deserts are nicerā€¦no trees to shade your roof either.

Oh, if I leave CA, Iā€™m leaving the desert too.

1 Like

This thread is about leasing a Tesla. Again - no one cares what you have, what you pay for or how you try to steer a thread in the ā€œAsk The Hackrsā€ section off-course making it about you.

1 Like

Anything for youā€¦
Sale price: 20,150
Net price: 14105 (after fed)
Options: $2k electric panel upgrade (older house)
5.4kw system
Yearly consumption cost $1380 before pv
Excess generation enough to cover 10k ev miles per year
RX replaced by eGolf
RX 5 year gas cost= (10000/20*4)5=10000 (optimistic as the computer was showing 17.2 mpg)
Total= 14105-((1380
5)+10000)=-2795

As you can see, i did it with the ā€œhelpā€ of high gas prices and bringing an ev into the calc that replaced a gas guzzler. CA also have long sun hours and cloudless days. Also that panel replacement is something many wonā€™t have to do. Another variable is pv pricesā€¦which have come down even more since i did mine.
Anyway to stay on topic i will sayā€¦
Tesla.

2 Likes

Wow. You are able to generate excess electricity with a 5.4kw panel? I must be doing something wrong. I need 10kw just to replace current electric usage!

1 Like

Put me on ignore. The cost of electricity discussion started several posts above mine :point_up_2: .

1 Like

Itā€™s spicy in here today! Tesla effect, I guess. :rofl:

How does one actually put you on ignore here on LH?

1 Like

2 Likes

Need to apply your hackr skills to shopping for electricity suppliers. Weā€™re practically next door, but pay 6 cents a kwh and 10% off if you sign up for community renewable program.

I donā€™t think there is much I can do

What is this shopping for electricity suppliers thing you speak of? Doesnā€™t work when you live in a state that allows the utilities to have a monopoly.

Sucks to be you, but in Mass I easily found a supplier offering 10 cents per kwh. Thereā€™s probably less if you choose a longer term contract.