Tesla Model 3 Lease a Good Deal at $500/mo?

This is a car to lease,

1 Like

It’s affordable unless you’re overspending elsewhere but I detect a note of sarcasm.

Only if you are 100% sure there is no chance you would ever consider buying it out at the end as you can’t.

The biggest issue I see with the lease is not having the option to buy and going way over miles since I’ll be wanting to drive the car all the time over a gas car.

Yeah especially since I wouldn’t need to visit a gas station, and not jus because it’s a Tesla.
Plus there are a lot more options for charging stations. Who wouldn’t want to drive a car more often knowing they don’t have to stop to get gas. Spend $50 plus dollars for gas or a couple dollars on a charge while getting something to eat or doing errands.

ROFL - someone has obviously never charged a TESLA before … charging a TESLA for a couple of dollars? I will have what you are having … It’s $100 supercharging vs $150 gas not couple of bucks versus $50 for gas. …

4 Likes

Do people do elementary google research before they post anymore? Or they just want to feel good that Tesla gets free electricity everywhere?

1 Like

Tesla leases are getting better, we need to wait until they’re hackable. Technically you can save some money by getting a car with a showroom adjustment but they’ve changed their programs so the residuals are based on the adjusted price and not the MSRP.

Otherwise a Model 3 with an adjustment of $5k-$10k would be a great lease deal.

Bought a Model 3 about 2 months ago and never paid anywhere near that for supercharging, not sure where that photo and that info came from, though it looks like Tesla font so I’m guessing the Tesla website?

If you were super low on battery and charged to full (75kwh battery in the AWD 3’s) so let’s say you had to add 70kwh of charge, 70 x .26c = $18.20.

Typically if I need to supercharge, I’m on my way somewhere so I never have to charge it to full, as 80-100% takes almost as long as 20-70%. So if I need to add 50% charge (about 37.5kwh) @ .26c = $9.75 which, if you’re driving about 65 and getting around 250 wh/mi, is good for 150 miles.

At home I have an unlimited energy plan that costs $40/month and only pay for delivery of that energy @ 4.235c per kwh, so if I drained the battery to almost 0 everyday and full charged it, 75kwh x 4.325c = $3.24 + $1.33/day for the daily energy plan cost = $4.57

Point is, depending where you live and how you charge, it is super cheap to operate a Tesla. Another example was on a 675mi round trip to Boston, it cost me just over $10 for that trip because I stayed at a hotel that had a Tesla charger so my return trip didn’t cost me anything.

1 Like

Good for you. I never heard of such a plan but unfortunately not offered here in Massachusetts. We pay 20 cents a kwh here in Mass. so yeah electric cars are great where you live but not free where I live. And unless we are running an extension cord from your house to my house, my bolt will keep costing me $12 minimum everytime I “fill up”

Bingo. The info comes straight from tesla website

I also once flew to London for $50. That doesn’t mean that every ticket to London is $50. Did you stay at a holiday express by chance? I heard good things about that hotel.

1 Like

Right, but my point is that there are easy ways to get free electric as you travel, further reducing your cost to operate the vehicle.

And no, I always stay in Hilton’s for work.

Wow buddy you totally missed what I was saying…no where did I say that the car ran on air.

Perfect example of what I was trying to communicate.

Sorry that you get ripped off…sucks to be you.

I agree. I totally missed the couple of bucks it costs to charge a Tesla and the fact you can zip by in a Tesla whilst the other idiots are spending over 30 minutes filling with gas every 300 miles.

You could drive it to your hearts content, curb a wheel/road rash a rocker panel, get it totaled and then buy it back off your insurance. :rofl:

1 Like

You seem a little aggressive toward Tesla’s - any reason?

Different strokes for different folks. I bought my Model 3 Performance to replace my Stage 2 RS3, not only does it handle better, but it’s far cheaper to operate while being just as fast around town and much less dramatic.

Yes, I have to stop for longer when taking long trips, but it also costs me a lot less to operate while being the most techy vehicle on the road, as it basically drives for me to my destination. Life is full of trade-offs, I can live with a longer time to charge on the ~5% of trips I take that require that while paying a fraction of the cost to be far faster than your Bolt :slight_smile:

32 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill