Off Topic Landfill

Go to the Forum main page and in the upper left select “Marketplace,” then next to that selection use the drop-down menu to focus on your area (e.g., “California” if that’s where you are). It brings up a list of offers from brokers and dealers who use this site. Many of the offered leases contain amounts that are due at signing. Sometimes the broker or dealer can lease you the same car with $0 due at signing (just means the monthly payments will be higher). If you see a car you like that has money due at signing, feel free to message the broker/dealer and ask if the lease is available with $0 due at signing. Sometimes yes, sometimes no, never hurts to ask.

2 Likes

I know it’s none of my business, but with that income, how were you paying $1600 on a lease? That seems… excessive.

3 Likes

That’s the point. It was excessive but I was stuck in it. I decided to let it go because too much of my money was going there. They claimed the car was $785 a month and it turned into twice that. It’s crazy how so many cars can sit without anyone using them. People with the money and credit walk on to a lot and leave without paying anything. Yet a person like me that has actually lived in the real world can prove that I can afford a $300 note yet no one will give me a car unless I put down huge sums of money and then still have the car note so high that the person with good credit couldn’t afford it at that rate. At first I thought this site would help but I see it’s just another way to get another car to a person that already has three. Lol. I’ll probably lose my job if I don’t get in a car soon. And side note I have roommates and we share bills so I could easily spend that on the car but I’m not a damn fool.

Have you heard of the concept of buying a used reliable accord or camry? You can do that with probably five of your 1600 “lease payments”, be debt free and have enough money left over to enjoy life :slight_smile:

It would not be a bad idea for you to go to financial counseling. Paying down college debt must be first and foremost in your mind.
Sorry for derailing your thread OP but this looks like this person needs financial help!

I’m a law student, my last car was a BMW which I owned and sold, the previous was a Tahoe which I owned and sold. I just moved to Los Angeles and only brought myself and my clothes so I’m just getting on my feet. Of course I’ve heard of the concept. Have you ever heard of “you’re a moron” ? If I can afford $1600 a month why would you assume I need financial help? Just because I don’t want to pay a down payment doesn’t mean I’m unable.

Because unless you leased a 150k car or something similar, your lease payments are moronic. Read through some threads here and you will understand.

If you did lease a 150k car in your situation, that’s also moronic

1 Like

Y’all are slow on this site…what part don’t you understand? I took a car from a place that would give me one because l moved to Los Angeles without one. I no longer want to pay large sums of money to have a car that isnt and will never be mine. I have receipts and that should be the only reference I need to get into a cheaper car. Why the hell are people asking for down payments on leases anyway? I’m doing you a favor.

Financial counseling doesn’t mean financial help. No one is questioning your financial capacity. It’s your ability to manage it wisely that is a bit unclear.

9 Likes

@Michael_Kees - we were just pointing out some red flags. If you think you are all good, that’s great :slight_smile:
I believe you said your budget is 800 a month? In that case, there is plenty to choose from…
4 door, 2 door. German sports-tuned or local muscle car - what’s your pleasure?

3 Likes

Probably b/c earlier in the thread, you wrote:

and

When you write clearly conflicting statements, you should probably not be surprised when people are (understandably) confused by what you’re actually trying to say.

2 Likes

Ahhh I recall when I moved back here after law school. So for my cars, I lease them under my LLC and I write them off for tax purposes. So if I have say an S-Class that costs 1600 a month (which I paid 0 down for), I get a deduction for it during my filing. In my case, I drive these cars for free at the end of the day. If you need help for transportation, there are plenty of options to choose from. You can always negotiate the down payment, and I never put any money down so my payments go up.

I learned this the hard way a few years back. I had just leased one of my favorite cars, a Porsche 911 turbo. I paid about 8500 down for the thing, and two months later, an older woman rear-ended me and totaled my brand new car. Long story short, the insurance paid for the debt on the car, but I lost my down payment.

As for someone out of law school, try to save as much money as you can and pay off those loans! don’t pay 800 for a car just yet.

If you need help feel free to PM me. I am an attorney myself.

1 Like

Hi ,

I’m interested in C300. How can I get contact with you?

Her dealer has an s450 loaner listed for $78k and offered on swapalease at $849/month and $3k down @ 625 miles per month.

I think people were questioning how you were approved to pay $1600/mth on an income of $1300/wk (with student loans).

That’s exactly my point. Shady companies will give you something you can’t afford yet I can’t get a decent deal on a car because of credit…even though I have proof that I can afford $1600 a month.

its always someone elses fault isnt it

I think your whole story is somewhat confusing for us. Shady company or not, there’s a vast difference between a $1600/mo car, a $800/mo car and a $300/mo car. And certainly a vast difference in getting approved at $1300/wk income for each of these. If you go in for a $300/mo car like a Toyota Camry, you’re not coming out with a $1600/car like a Range Rover.

I’m really curious how $785/mo turned into $1600/mo, with seemingly the only variable being financing approval. Was this a lease by the way? Unless they gave you the $785/mo on the basis of you having a 800 credit score and then they ran your credit and got a 500, I’m struggling to understand your example.

1 Like

Yes, can you please put some numbers down for us to view? It will help us help you. For 800/mo you can lease a real fancy car. For half that you can lease a really nice car nicer than most of the cars on the road

This guy is a lawyer?

1 Like

Couldn’t help myself.

1 Like