Miles Per Year: 12k
Zipcode: 33572
Desired Budget: <$250. no down payment, 0 DAS
Timeframe to Take Delivery: 2 weeks

Thank you!

link me pls!

Hi can I have the link please? Thanks.

Where did you get that deal?

I am interested in leasing Honda Civic Ex-L. ZIP code 92508. Tier-1 Credit.
Please quote.
Rao

I would take an Accord 2.0T Touring over a BMW (base or loaded). I don’t care about the badge. I actually care about the car itself, and it being reliable and comfortable.

You are very right. In the last test of Car and Driver, the Accord 2.0T ran 5.3s 0-60 and less than a 14s quarter mile @ 104. Imagine how it would move if it had AWD and launch control.

C&D - 2018 Accord 2.0t Sport Automatic

0-60: 5.5 seconds
1/4 mile: 14.1 sec @ 102mph

Yea…pretty impressive.

Well thats one mans opinion, but if Im leasing and its at the same price I’d take the BMW. Reliability doesnt matter as much when you dump any car in 2-3 years.

BMW interior are far more luxurious than the Accord. BMW does more than just a sea of black.

And lastly, to each their own but Ive owned and drove BMW and Hondas of the latest generation. A Honda Accord is nice but the BMW surpasses it in almost all aspect except price. <---- This is a preference. But driving is way more engaging, quiet, seats are more comfortable, technology is better, etc. And if were comparing a 5 Series is far superior in ride comfort but the price is a fair bit more.

I mean they’d have to be more than just a badge to sell in the numbers they do… One of the more ignorant statements “I dont care about the badge”, badge snobbery… They cater to the different markets, people who can afford to pay to play (BMW) and people who are money conscious and probably more practical minded (Honda).

I do not own a BMW currently so i have no dog in this fight.

As far as comfort goes, I think Volvo has the best seats (and Honda seats are actually nicer than many BMW’s, many are way too harsh on the back). Interior wise BMW has way too much cheap plastic, and it squeaks and rattles like crazy in 2 years. The f30 was very poorly made for example. As far as driving dynamics, they are both fun to drive, especially the Type R and Accord Sport 2.0T. I would personally stay away from BMW. Regarding performance straight line it is faster than a 530i, and just as quick as a 540i once you are at speed (no traction issues).

Plus if you really want luxury and comfort that is well built, that’s Lexus.

1 Like

A 24 month lease fixes that problem.

1 Like

Maybe just get a Lexus and not worry? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lexus is boring much like Acura. They’re no emotion when you drive them.

And “too much cheap plastic”, come on, please find me a review that says that. Honestly, BMW’s are know for their high quality interior and driving dynamics. The designs arent the best but the quality is top notch. Please find a review that supports that the bmw has “Way too much cheap plastic”, or have you even been in one? Cause youd know, unlike Honda, Acura, you find very little plastic thats not covered in soft touch material or leather/abiet synthetic

I thought it was a BMW versus Honda Comparison? Cause honestly (I hate to say anything good about Nissan) the Altimas seats with their NASA seats are better than Hondas. BMW seat adjust 16 ways and honda?

BMW’s are a fantastic car, and show me an artticle that says its just as fast as a 540i? Please dont just make accusations and spit out fake news. Use articles to back up you baseless “facts”

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2019/2764145/bmw_540i.html

“0-60 mph (sec): - 4.8
0- 1/4mile (sec): - 13.2”

And we all know BMW tends to understate their cars for times, both of these are better than:

Again:

If you want to go into number battles, a recent long term test of the Accord 2.0T showed 5.3s 0-60 and <14 second quarter mile. You can look it up on Car and Driver.

I don’t understand your term “boring”. I really can’t disagree more. When did a GS-F or RC-F, LC500 become boring? Are you talking about the brand overall, or some base IS300 model? Last time I drove the ES350, GS350, I had tons of fun with them. It seems as if you are talking from a race car driver’s perspective. You must really be able to tell the difference in stop and go traffic.

4.8 seconds is the quoted time from launch control under ideal conditions. You aren’t going to come close to these times in real life, if you just floor it. You also must not understand that 0-60 times of awd cars are typically faster than rwd or fwd counter parts. Put them from 30-40mph, and they will run nose to nose till triple speeds. I drove a 650i 445hp for a few months, and it got 5.0-5.2s on a good day, by dragy. I did many performance runs with it, and the best I ever got of launch control on a winter day was 4.7 seconds. I can post these videos if you want. On average it did in the low 5s, despite having almost 120 more horsepower than a 540i, and over 100 tq more too.

I think this picture below solves the plastic question. The base steering wheels are covered with very harsh leather (if it’s leather at all). The fake leather seats, shiny wood that looks like it came out of a 2001 Sonata - I ain’t a fan. Many of the touch points are hard, and not even soft touch, as in the 330i F30. Yes, a loaded M550i with the luxury seating package has a nicer interior for sure, but it costs times 3 the price of an Accord. Unless you get the multi contour seats, they are very uncomfortable. From my experience, the plastic starts rattling in 2-3 years in BMW vehicles. These cars are also prone to oil consumption issues. The Apple Car Play subscription is pathetic too.

Here is a video with a real performance test of the 540i. I can send you some more if interested.

I would still take a Honda, Acura, Lexus, Volvo, Infiniti product any day versus any BMW. I would even prefer a Genesis over a BMW (even though I strongly dislike Korean vehicles).

1 Like

Yes they did, and im comparing ACTUAL publications and not some nobody on Youtube.

Let compare motortrend shall we (actual published results):

2018 BMW 540i:

0-60: 4.9 sec
1/4 mile: 13.5 sec @ 106 mph
60-0: 117 ft
Latteral Acceleration: .86 g’s
MT Figure Eight: 25.7 sec

https://www.motortrend.com/news/bmw-5-series-2018-car-of-the-year-contender/

Honda Accord 2.0T Touring (best results):

0-60: 5.7 sec
1/4 mile: 14.3 sec @ 99.3 mph
60-0: 116 ft
Latteral Acceleration: .85 g’s
MT Figure Eight: 26.9 sec

https://www.motortrend.com/news/honda-accord-2018-car-of-the-year-finalist/

Now these are published comparisons and from a credible source. Please dont be one of those people who just try to post stuff that isnt credible or tries to prove their point.

For the interior lets compare base models of each car, shall we:

Not sure how old that 5 series you tried to pass off was but here, I mean honda doesnt even leather wrap the base model. Uses cheap plastic all around… Like i said different prices and different markets.

And like i said about Lexus, theyre a reason their sports cars arent selling. The steering feel and emotion isnt there like their competitors.

You have to be kidding me :slight_smile: They trap almost the exact same speed, which just indicates they will be right next to each other in a roll race. Also the 4.9 seconds is with launch control. Accord doesn’t have one. If you just floor the BMW, add 0.5-0.7 seconds easily to it’s time.

PERFORMANCE (40,000 MILES)
Zero to 60 mph: 5.3 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.9 sec @ 104 mph

The interior you showed is not an upscale model at all. The nicer models don’t have the shifter, and have the buttons. The Touring 2.0T looks nicer than your picture. Has perforated leather, real oak wood trim that you can find in a Q7, cooled seats (which only most upscale 5 series have), a HUD, etc.

As I already said, I do not like the way the gloss plastic and shiny wood looks in the BMW. I don’t see what there is to argue about. Most of the buttons are really small and hard to use (I find that Lexus, Audi, Infiniti are much easier to use infotaiment wise. Always hated iDrive).

If you knew anything about the Honda, it uses a very good quality leather steering wheel (same as new RXD).

1 Like

I am just saying my opinion. If BMW was so good, everyone would only drive this brand (Audi, Infiniti, Lexus, LR, would all be out of business). I don’t like BMW, and that’s all I am saying. Looks better, more luxurious, etc. is like a blonde vs brunette comparison.

I literally said base models cause you showed a base model of the BMW, you cant just admit to being wrong or compare apples to apples. You showed a base BMW 5 series so i put it against a base Accord. Now if you want to compare top specs of each then try it. Because the BMW top spec will blow away any accord.

Its not BMW’s fault they have launch control and Honda does offer it. You mentioned the 540i and tried to say the Honda’s more dynamic.

And then you put up the car and driver article about satisfaction that is irrelevant to our argument. Its still slower than the 540i, AGAIN use a publication like C&D, US News, MT, etc to try to prove your point. Not a Youtuber… Plus the quoted times youre using is still building boost in the turbo to get the time. From a dead stop to all out it would be a lot slower than their published times.

Please do yourself a favor (to save from sounding more uneducated), please try to think out of your bias and fanboy mindset.

HAHAHAHA Lexus and Infiniti are voted the worst system!!! This was the worst agrument you could try, just shows how you’re trying to fanboy on the Accord.

BMW’s system is often regarded the best since its got the scroll wheel (idrive) and its touch screen, best of both world.

Lexus is the worst with its mouse. And also infiniti with is dual screen and redundancies.

Man please read articles before posting.

Not that I like BMW either. Would never come close to one :joy: