Off Topic Landfill 5

Your initial response is definition of comical maneuver.

So I guess the realty to matts comment was not against Tesla, but against EV’s in general. Is that what you are getting at.

What he was basically saying was…“Genuinely curious: does buying an EV break your brain, or do only broken-brained folks buy them?”

So your question wasn’t along the lines of there are no other EVs so Tesla is a smart choice, or something similarly brilliant?

Instead of buying a Tesla, feature for feature and dollar for dollar buying a Camry or like will give you everything but the “car go brrr from traffic light to traffic light” and leaves you with about $15k in your pocket. The only place where buying a Tesla makes any kind of sense is NJ when the rebates are at full, and no sales tax. Outside of those parameters, look up south park smug episode and replace the word hybrid with the word Tesla.

1 Like

So it is just general EV dislike, go it.

1 Like

Don’t put words in my mouth please, it’s the general Tesla dislike for reasons outlined in many other threads and yet to be disproven even once. Take away the “brrr” and the cult, and it’s got absolutely nothing of value

Can you not equate the stock with the vehicle please? Two completely different conversations. Just because I hate the vehicle, doesn’t mean I missed the boat on the stock. That’s the beauty of not being a brainwashed idiot, one can make money off them without becoming them.

the short version, very few people will admit to making a 50k mistake on a polarizing issue. You yourself don’t want to pay the amount, who’s making you? Who is holding a gun to your head making you buy a Tesla? It’s not like EVs are going away and this is your last chance to get one. There are better and smarter financial decisions than doing that.

Do you know why it’s always compared to 3 series or the like? Because of price, but again, if you stop and think, you are getting a Camry / Accord / Elantra car for a f-ton more money and nothing in return but “it goes faster”.

Everything past the first 2 posts in this thread can be viewed on the discord server that was linked in the 2nd post. If we can’t have ancillary conversations that are related to the topic, then may as well just close the thread, because again, everything that is strictly on subject was already said, and everything else is in that discord server.

Genuinely curious: does buying any Toyota TRD Pros break your brain, or do only broken-brained folks buy them?

3 Likes

I’ve never owned a Toyota in my life (but a big, big fan of kaizen 改善, かいぜん and the Toyota Way!). Perhaps check with someone who has, sport.

2 Likes

Dude you have a Land Rover. Literally the least reliable car on the planet for the price.

8 Likes

Please, have ancillary conversation related to the topic. Like funding hacks, data points on selling, user tips, victory laps, etc.

Just please not another Tesla opinion thread. There are so many other useless threads with Tesla yelling.

Let this thread be the one place people post useful pieces of information as they come along. Like the wrangler or camaro threads not nonsense about Tesla stock🙄.

5 Likes

To the research-challenged @Vezhof, please see: https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2021-us-initial-quality-study-iqs

I am now assured of the brain worms of Tesla militants. Thanks all for the additional data points.

1 Like

Tesla moved the goalpost - that glass roof with an extremely quiet drivetrain

Ice manufacturers never wanted to go electric due to the investment required. They were all fat and happy

Look at the EV summit - Tesla wasn’t invited - the leader in ev did not get invited

Unions, politicians, dealer lobby, manufacturers worked in tandem to retard ev growth - look how ugly their Ev’s were

4 Likes

I think he mentioned reliability which is more like long term, this research is initial quality, huge difference!

2 Likes

So it scores high in tech experience and off the bottom of the charts for quality?

Sounds fairly accurate actually.

5 Likes

Initial quality is measured by the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (PP100) during the first 90 days of ownership

Glad to know your Land Rover can last 90 days. That’s longer than I expected. Now let’s look at the data that is actually relevant to my statement from your same source.

For what it’s worth I don’t care what car you drive or anyone else for that matter. It’s just silly how much you seem to be offended by people that like Teslas.

3 Likes

is the most idiotic thing in existence. Don’t believe me, see how many shitty covers are sold.

No one in the world wants to deal with Musk. He is a toxic asshole who will throw tantrums and not do anything productive in a summit setting. There is nothing innovative or useful that anyone wants to hear from him.

Thank you for confirming my points, there is nothing in this car outside of “car go brrr”

I’m still trying to understand this “tech” experience that everyone is talking about. Restricted eco system that is easily surpassed by simple AA / Apple Carplay in all other cars. Idiotic controls through a single screen, no basic safety features without relying on a very questionable alpha grade software and the camera setup can be replicated by about $1k worth equipment which will surpass the functionality if installed. Then there is a basic not understanding of technology by the users. I’m still laughing from several weeks ago when someone here declared “my navigation is by Google” when arguing against a freaking Android Auto setup. Outside of the fact that my understanding is that Tesla uses maps by Google and their own algorithm, saying that Tesla version is superior to multiple options available through androidauto / carplay wasn’t even worth continuing the argument.

Can’t speak for @mattevan , but for myself, you seem to do a lot of butthurt posting for someone who doesn’t care.

2 Likes

So why is it the most valuable auto company in the world?

Why did the VW pivot so hard to EV’s?

Why are all the automakers spending billions to create a half baked product?

Why are governments providing billions in tax credits?

What’s your recommendation son?

Heavy on opinion - light on facts like the NY Times

2 Likes

because it’s valued like a tech company, not an auto company.

2 Likes

It’s a tech heavy experience with a UI that forces you to engage with the technology and its full of fun easter eggs that reinforce that point. Regardless of if it is “good” or “bad”, there’s no arguing that it is a tech forward product. For many, a high tech score is equivalent to saying “wow, look how many things I can do through the screen” rather than “wow, it’s so much better to control all these things through the screen”.

1 Like

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.