Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

@ilike2breakthngs can you build something that makes CA DMV move faster as well please?

In all seriousness nice work on this setup. Hopefully I can put it to use next year.

1 Like

because thatā€™s their most sold configuration and they do not have an infinite supply of it?

This and the SR+ trim probably has the thinnest profit margin, so they increased the price to push people buying more expensive trims, and if people keep buying SR+, more profit for them anyway.

The SR+ (without the fake FSD) offers 80% of the best value of Tesla today.

2 Likes

103 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

iā€™ve been in a 3 performance for a week. i despise the car, but itā€™s so much fun. i can absolutely see the appeal of teslas.

6 Likes

Quite a few people that purchase a Tesla get sucked into the Cult of Elon and start drinking the Elon jungle juice religiously and become Tesla stans. I am not one of those people. I was a Tesla critic for years (primarily just an Elon criticā€¦never had a huge problem with the cars themselves) but the super fanbois can sure be obnoxious. While I own a Model 3, I am far from a Tesla fanboy. I can appreciate the car without pledging allegiance to Lord Musk.

2 Likes

@trusted_hackrs Can we please clean this thread up :pray:. Itā€™s too useful to be overrun.

6 Likes

I donā€™t get the Tesla hate (and I bought a Bolt EUV just two months ago).

I also have a SR3+ on orderā€¦not thrilled to get it, mostly because itā€™s twice the cost of my Bolt.

Tesla 3 is a blast to drive, feels like driving something out of a sci fi movie and is fairly reasonably priced.

Iā€™ve yet to meet an owner who doesnā€™t adore their Teslaā€¦not sure why that is a bad thing!

People talk about quality control issuesā€¦but either all my friends are liars or lucky, because I havenā€™t heard anything from them.

I had a client buy some TSLA stock in 2010 (or 2011ā€¦I could check)ā€¦was the son of a client, and only bought 100 shares for around $2000. Now worth over $400000.

Maybe people are just bitter about having missed the boat!

1 Like

I bought my Model 3 without having ever being inside a Tesla before. First time was when I went to pick it up and was rushed off the lot in under 10 minutes.

That said, after 2 weeks, I will probably never drive an ICE car again. The effortless power, the quietness of the cabin and the adventure of finding chargers has really made for a different overall driving experience.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a Tesla thing. Iā€™m gonna get either the Lyriq or Hummer nextā€¦ But when you can sell it after a year or two for as much as you paid for it, how can you go wrong?

8 Likes

Thanks to this post i got my 1st tesla sr+ (technically second one in the family cause my brother used to have a dual motor model y and i drove that quite a lot) and i must say its super fun to drive but way too quite! Im used to the pops and bangs from my supraā€¦. But for long drive i will always chose tesla over anything elseā€¦ specially the suspension being so smooth! My other x4m suspension was horribleā€¦. So overall i love it!

9 Likes

These cars are soā€¦ bland and vanilla.

Torque delivery is their only redeeming quality.

5 Likes

Same, never even been on a Tesla forum. I am also not buying one because I want to save the planet. Donā€™t think they are saving anything really.

$56k for a car the goes 0-60 under 4sec, 1/4 mile low 11ā€™s, and has 4 doors. These days you will be paying a lot more money to get those specs.

looking forward to more players enter the game like F, GM, Volkswagen so Tesla will reduce the price on their cheaper models 3, Y and possibly Model 2 that they want to break into 25k league! right now they are profitable even if they cut 10k from the current prices. they sure will cut the price of Model S as soon as Lucid is released. 2 yr lease a bolt or ioniq one more time and buy a 35k Tesla in 2022!!

Hearing that the market on Plaids took a massive dump today after a few strong weeks. Hopefully anyone wanting to sell didnā€™t get stuck with it. Fully expect any buyers who are waiting on title to pick up a car to re-trade.

4 Likes

The market where? Auctions?

Can you elaborate please?

yes auctions. iā€™d hate to be holding one of them right now, if i wasnā€™t planning on keeping it, especially in a +tax state.

3 vs Y ā€“ who you going with?

The 3 is more fun, faster, better range and better handling when comparing in the same trim. If cost is an issue, 3 SR+ is best value for money.

However, Y is more functional and has a better sound system IMO. I have a 3 SR+ and likely upgrading to a MYLR when my order comes ready - but I do have 2 kids in full size convertible car seats.

1 Like

3ā€™a handling is night/day better than Y. The Y has more head room and tiny more side room. Sits higher. Good for family with small kids. Model 3 is if you want speed and handling and Plaid is out of your budget. Get both if you can. Buy the Y but lease the Model 3. And always have a gas car as a backup (even if itā€™s a beater) if there is ever an EMP strike by our enemies and our power grid goes down.

2 Likes

Thank you for putting together the Discord Server. After having alerts set for my region the past few weeks I finally committed last night.

My wife and I turned in her Audi Q5 lease last August and went down to a single-car household. Of all things, our kidā€™s soccer games doubling up on the weekends pushed us to need a second car again. With the current market conditions, I had a hard time finding a new lease that I liked. I came very close to going with Clutch on a 4xe but waited too long to pull the trigger, as I wasnā€™t sure when a new car would be needed. Then Saturday soccer did us in.

3 Likes

Wow, over 2k discount on this one. Already gone obviously, I wonder what this would have leased forā€¦

1 Like