Off Topic Landfill 4

Can someone please explain to me the power folding mirror fetish?? I do not get it.

My mirrors power fold while driving (lemon law case after 4 service visits). My friend calls them aerodynamic, as if I need that on a WIDE :sweden: : wagon :laughing:

:chocolate_bar:

:laughing: Mine fold when I hit another object with them. When else would I want them to fold? It’s a serious question. Do a lot of people have really narrow garages or something? I don’t get it.

Is this just desperation for a “unique feature” now that Kia Rios have Apple CarPlay?

I have never used my power folding mirrors

Narrow garages are a feature in many newer houses for some inexplicable reason

because newer houses are skinnier so they can put more of them on the same footprint

1 Like

Narrow garage
Narrow parking spaces at work or at malls
Shitty street parking situations ( NYC one way street, 2 sides parked cars and then double parked jackasses all over the place so other cars barely fit)
If it wasn’t such a fetish it wouldn’t be a distinctive lure in high trims
Because F u that’s why :slight_smile:
Because found an excuse to get out of a deal

It’s a long list of random things that like everything in car buying is pure inexplicable emotion driven BS.

2 Likes

Here’s my parking spot

And that picture is from when no one used to park in the other side of me. Now i park a couple inches closer to the pillar :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s a good one!! I’ve encountered spaces like that a few times, they’re fun :laughing: how are you liking that RS3?

Hi Chris. Honda tends to build their cars a bit wider sometimes for their class. For those of us that have single garage bays it makes it a lot tighter to pull in especially if your garage approach is not direct. For example our home has three single garage doors and you have to come in at an angle to access them.

Having folding mirrors allows us a lot more room to maneuver and not have to do a multiple point turn to enter the garage. If you have a large Single door it’s probably not much of an issue. But if you have a tight garage space they are a lifesaver sir. Some people also like them if you have a tight parking lot situation. But that’s not really our case in our community :-).

Not common in the United States. But in Japan you sometimes actually have to collapse your mirrors so two cars can get by each other on the road. Because their space is so limited. And parking is such a premium / small you commonly have to collapse your mirrors to get in a space. So we know that Honda tends to make their vehicles with the power folding options - as it something that’s almost mandatory in Countries were space is a premium. Sorry for the long answer sir. But I hope that helps.

Apologies Jeff. I think we’ve beat this one to death. Let’s close it out so we’re not bombing your thread. Do you want to sell cars and that’s why were here :-).

Yeesh, what kind of lube do you use to get in there? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doing it every day is not fun at all :laughing:

Usually when i take the RS3 out for a short city drive, i get 6-7 mpg… Tells you all you need to know. That 5cyl sound is :drooling_face:

2 Likes

It’s a meme thread, remember guys? :point_up:

Did you want me to put the lube question in the meme format? I didn’t think it would be appropriate :slight_smile: But yes, you are right.

1 Like

I like power folding mirrors as a visual locked car indicator. Also, it seems like they will come in handy when you road trip to Kyoto.

What I really fetishize is auto dip mirrors when car is in R.

7 Likes

If you unfold Jonathan’s RS3 mirror in that picture how much space do you save? The difference does not seem to be that much. Anyway it’s larger than my margin of error so if I have to fold the mirror I probably would end up scraping the side of my car.

I am new to considering vehicle leases so I don’t know much about it yet, but am a good negotiator and have purchased and sold several vehicles and many houses.

Compared to the OP’s post, 10K Miles/Year is not enough so I got quotes for 12K and 15K miles.

I don’t live in CA and don’t have a Current GM Lease so I don’t qualify for those incentives, but I do have a competing brand vehicle so I do qualify for the GM Conquest Incentive.

I went through the Costco Auto Program for the $3,000 incentive and during a phone call with the dealer I was offered the following Incentives/Prices:

INCENTIVES
GM Financial Support = $5,750.00
GM Dealer Dividends (lease with GMAC) = $1,000.00
GM Select Market Incremental CCR Program = $2,000.00
GM Conquest = $750.00
Costco Bolt EV Incentive = $3,000.00
TOTAL INCENTIVES = $12,500.00

However, after going back and forth, the Dealership Sales Manager came back and offered an additional $3,000.00 in incentives bringing my Total Incentives to $15,500.00.

PRICES
Chevrolet Bolt LT - 36 Month Lease - $0 Due at Signing
12K Miles = $226.33/month
15K Miles = $250.39/month

Chevrolet Bolt Premier - 36 Month Lease - $0 Due at Signing
12K Miles = $245.48/month
15K Miles = $287.89/month
15K Miles after the classic “What would it take to earn your business today?” = $250.00/month

So after almost an hour and the “What would it take to earn your business today” question, I told them $250.00/month for the Bolt Premier over 36 months with 15K Miles and $0 down. After a few minutes conferring with the manager they came back and said OK we will do it.

I did not ask about the One Pay Lease because I forgot. Maybe I should ask about it. Also, they had several Bolt Premier EV’s in stock so I did not verify the pre-installed/included options, but will before finalizing the deal. They said I could pick any one I want so I don’t think that will be an issue.

Thoughts? Good deal?

Open your own thread in Ask the Hackrs

Having this discussion with my sis. We have a 3 and a Y, my sis got cvap approved and was like, “but I have to drive a bolt.” Any way if you want accurate lease numbers PM me your configure and zip and I can provide them.

Please pm the spreadsheet.