Off Topic Landfill 4

I bought Tesla originally for $33. Sold that around 250 for a very nice gain. Since then I bought in and out for some short term moves, mostly gains but some losses. I think it’s time to start a short position. I can’t see how this can continue to rise and if I have to listen to one more person say this isn’t an auto company, it’s a tech company, I might lose it. The fact that asset managers and pension funds are now going to be buying this at these p/e levels is very scary. I’m back to mostly cash, pms, crypto and bonds. I even reduced my btc exposure by 50% today at $29k.

We’re either in the biggest bubble this economy has ever seen or massive hyperinflation is on its way. Regardless it’s a very scary time to be over exposed to equities imo. This isn’t a healthy market and I’m sitting on my hands until after the transfer of power. Stocks hitting all time highs while no one leaves their house, travels, record unemployment, insane money printing. There’s nothing at all rational going on, I feel like I’m in a financial twilight zone. The equities I do own in retirement accounts I’ve moved to commodities as that seems to be the only safe place to be as people are still consuming raw materials. Sugar coffee etc are at all time lows. And I have dividend paying safe stocks. At 38 years old I feel 70 with my investing but none of this passes the smell test. I think we’re in for a rough future.

4 Likes

I pulled completely out of the market as soon as AAPL split and I’m waiting unit the correction in the coming months to buy back in. The money is only yours when it’s in your pocket and I’ve got a feeling we are going to see 2009 all over again.

1 Like

I wouldn’t stay in all usd though. There’s better places to be if you want it be in currencies. There’s no shortage of dollars out there right now either…I haven’t heard an exit strategy for this unless it’s actually the fed buying all the equities, which is highly possible. Once the lockdown started and only big businesses were allowed to be open it was quite clear the agenda at play. The corporate takeover of America is in its final stages. I don’t agree with a lot of what trump says, but he is correct when he states that we get a shitty deal when it comes to trade.

Tech companies promise vaporware all the time. They are a tech company lol

3 Likes

one thing I learned from the dot-com days is never short a volatile, popular hyped tech company.

Even if it is clear they’re insanely overvalued or headed for bankruptcy. There are so many surprising ways to lose. The people with big stakes will find a way to change the rules.

It’s like trying to time the market - only luck applies when you’re betting against the house.

1 Like

Um fasted cardio is not a myth.

1 Like

Sure it isn’t

Do some research my friend lol

1 Like

I have. Plenty. If you can show me proof in a PM.

Otherwise you may need to do some googling yourself.

Not recommended for those new to exercise but has proven extremely efficient in people who already fast or who are in higher levels of physical conditioning. We dont have to PM i utilize it and have taught others as well…I have broke several running plateaus under fasted states. I dont need articles i have proved it lol

Yes many trainers and others I am close with all pushed fasted cardio. I used to do it all the time and pushed others to do it

Def not the case.

There no scientific evidence behind it. What you’re practicing is a merely a product of coincidence and honestly it’s not the healthiest practice. Was debunked a couple years ago as it has to do with insulin manipulation but you know that. You’re practicing pseudo science :man_shrugging:t2: And we talk about causation doesn’t always mean correlation on this forum all the time here at leasehackr which is what fasted cardio is

Now intermittent fasting that’s a different story

1 Like

A bit off topic, but I agree that fasted cardio has its benefits. Unless of course someone “breaks the fast” with some kale and 100 calorie protein shake, which is basically nothing.

Either way, I lost over 35lbs twice in my life, and my keys to controlled calorie consumption and effective cardio was going to bed hungry (no food 3-4 hours before sleep) and fasted cardio (20-30 min run in the morning).

These days it’s called intermittent fasting. Always a new fancy name for some guy reinventing the wheel.

ANYHOO… I finally crossed 300 miles!

2 Likes

While I actually find this fasting conversation interesting, it’s not particularly relevant to the lt1

My friend the article you sent me a link below proves you wrong. Im sorry im not talking about personal trainers at a gym im talking about high level athletes who practice this on a daily basis.

Please read all information, especially from sites your reference.

This study for the first time shows that fasted training is more potent than fed training to facilitate adaptations in muscle and to improve whole-body glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity during hyper-caloric fat-rich diet.

1 Like

Touché apologies we got off topic.

Lots think they attribute their weight loss to fasted cardio

But honestly there’s no science to back it up and it was pseudo. This was debunked with actual scientific data and tests to finally figure it out back in 2010s. They discovered it wasn’t the case at All

Intermittent fasting and fasted cardio are NOT the same thing.

One is many hours of fasting 16-24 or even 48 hours and affects the mitochondria in your body in a crazy way, while one is just working out on an empty stomach in the morning lol which only hurts. All it does is actually cause the body to be stessed and want to hold on to fat cells in an emergency because you’re working out fasted.

You were in a calorie deficient that’s why you lost weight lol, can’t attribute it all to fasted cardio. I used to do that and I was naive lol

My bad I copy pasta the wrong link lol… iPhone

This was the one I meant to send. Either way exercising is still better than sitting on your ass lol. I’ll make sure I double check things for you, wouldn’t wanna indulge more myths/fads

“ The authors conclude that when moderate endurance exercise is done to lose body fat, fasting before exercise does not enhance lipid utilization; rather, physical activity after a light meal is advisable.”

“In conclusion, our findings indicate that body composition changes associated with aerobic exercise in conjunction with a hypocaloric diet are similar regardless whether or not an individual is fasted prior to training. Hence, those seeking to lose body fat conceivably can choose to train either before or after eating based on preference.”

There’s far more evidence I just have to get back to work. Hopefully this helps ya

Sent a PM, thanks!

I believe the proper technical term these days is TRE/TRF (Time Restricted Eating/Time Restricted Feeding) while intermittent fasting refers to voluntary fasting/non fasting over longer periods, generally 24 hours+ (ex. 1 day fast, 1 day eating or 24 hr fast 1 day every two weeks.)…I could talk about this stuff all day and have some fantastic resources for those interested

I would do this deal if presented to me in texas. Are these rebates all applicable to everyone?

I’d like to know the dealer. Thanks in advance!