Off Topic Landfill 2

Do your dress in Armani to visit the dealerships? Or do you negotiate remotely via emails in your Armani pyjamas?

Not sure either. Also, a T5 v. T6 and MSRP of 54k v. 60k.

Splattered, vhooloo and GR8Bamtino: you are all bunch of morons. You take 1 thing and imply something else. I wanted the $390 payment…doesnt mean it would mathetically be possible…i knew what i wanted to achieve going on knowing $390 was never going to happen. Reality is anything low $400’s on this is stellar.

Armani? How long did it take you to come up with that? Im sharing what was possible to achieve and what i did relative to the ridiculous “deal” that was on the table for the current person looking at the XC90. As far you being mortals, (your words, not mine) - sure. Youre all morons - let me know and walk the walk if youve known anyone get a payment low $400s at that deal structure. Post the contract.

stop running your mouths like you own the forum.

I don’t own the forums and me posting a irrelevant deal doesn’t help his deal. Me posting what I got on my XC90 doesn’t help him. You decided to post your numbers from a different region for a different model of the car in which you yourself left some on the table. I don’t see how or why that was necessary to be posted on this deal. But please explain to other “morons” how we can negotiate a better deal on a different car than posted :slight_smile:

Most on this forum are already educated enough to know what target dealer discount % should be (pre-incentives). I dont claim to be the best negotiator. Bottom line is it’s all a matter of supply, demand, DOS, sales performance, flexibility of colors/options etc and timing that all factors into the deal at the end of the day. Numbers and program are what they are. We all know there is a mental element to all this and knowing when to call dealers bluff and walk away to get the deal we want or come close.

That being said, to the person trying to get this vehicle or any other…DO NOT put any freakin penny at signing. Plain stupid. There is no reason why you would want to put down any money at signing…roll everything into the cap cost and do a true zero due at signing.

If the guy with the “armani pyjamas” does’nt know anything…he does know this much: No dealer in the country really wants to do a deal with zero due at signing.

I would refute your claim of most people knowing the target discount. In fact, most don’t. They use the deals posted here and assume they can get that. I don’t have a problem with you posting what you know but posting a deal on a T5 isn’t the same. If you said look, there’s probably another $1000 you can get in the discount and linked a couple threads with a similar car to his (even if it’s a different region), that probably would have been valid.

Also, this guy did not put any money down on the car. He just paid fees and taxes on the car which you would have to pay regardless.

Your deal was a zero due at signing because of the 1st month payment waiver or you would’ve had that 1st payment as well.

Wrong. I had tax credits and even still the 1.2% was rolled into the adjusted cap…if i didnt then 6.25% sales tax on ENTIRE SELLING PRICE (im in texas) would have been rolled into the cap cost. I had acq fees and govt fees…who doesnt? All that can be rolled into the adjusted cap cost.

If volvo wasnt covering first payment as part of the december promotion, then i would have made the dealer make 1st payment. Yes that would have likely resulted in a $15 payment increase or i could have played mental game and make dealer eat and stay at $420.

I’m in VA and have 4.15% sales tax on ENTIRE SELLING PRICE as well. I rolled it in my payment but that just depends on him. If he want to pay it up front, he can. You’re going to have to pay it regardless. It’s not a down payment on the car that you would lose if totaled.

Again, not going to argue with you about what you could’ve gotten the car for v. what you got it for. Deal is done and can’t change it.

Pull ahead option available for me if any E 400 convertibles out there. I have excellent credit and hoping that there should be some deals due to the economic situation.

Thanks and stay safe

Charles

I just got a few cars but my Lambo is my favorite Daily Driver right now.

1 Like

I have a 2019 I3 Deka with Tech Package + HK Audio, Panda Color (white/black). 10k lease, under my mileage, 340/mo that I may be willing to let for lease takeover once BMW allows them again in April.

Is there some prize for this?

2 Likes

Fire her and she gets my vote :grin:

1 Like

There’s enough folks getting laid off as is.

2 Likes

Not sure Slava (@Lvs23) thinks of himself as a commie, and he might take offense to your comment. I’ve seen him post before saying how he grew up in that environment, and happy to be free here in the US with choices of how to live.

You’re not supposed to tell anyone. :shushing_face:

1 Like

Let’s stay on-topic! Housekeeping in 3, 2, 1…

2 Likes

I guess we will have to solve this with Slava like we would in the old country.

1 Like