No deal car has sold sorry for the wrong section

For what it’s worth, you weren’t wrong with the “cheapo” thing. I’m certainly a cheapo. We’ve seen so many salty visitors try to cover up their insecurities by talking smack about peoples’ garages. But it’s tough to offend people by calling them “cheapos” if they already pride themselves on being frugal.

One of the best qualities you can have when you have money is spending like you don’t have money. :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

I highly doubt someone went for this car, just saying

1 Like

So true. (20 Characters)

Quentin- trying to reach you. I emailed you.

As a salesman that posts deals on this form from time to time I literally use it to stay sharp as well as interact with the community.

You won’t enrich your wallet, but you will enrich your brain and make some connections in the process. I’ve also met some really cool people, and have guests who have then sent me referrals for cars within a week. Its a garden you have to cultivate… Just one your sales manager won’t love hahaha.

4 Likes

That attitude from a salesperson is what a dealt with last weekend.
i ask to look into number and breakdown. he would tell me" you are aware that this is a $100,000?".

in hindsight i should been a smart ass and told him " I’m pretty sure it was $112,108".
then again I’m trying to establish rapport with the guy. which in sales it should be the other way around though .

1 Like

Considering that he came from Potamkin GM in Manhattan before being in Queens, he knows that too. Potamkin is great if you go in there with a brain in your head and know what you want. Always dealt square with me and my family. Also keep in mind that just because an NYC dealer is in the outer boros, that doesn’t mean that they aren’t high end or professional. Square footage is at an insane premium in Manhattan, not just in terms of cost, but availability. There’s some decent dealers to be found in the outer boros if you shop around.

Man i was just giving some advice so he could do better in the forum. Has nothing to do with outer boroughs. Could be a messed up dealer but salesman could be great. I always appreciate that. Garden City Jeep is pretty good i have found, and even sales managers there seemed great. However, they were not willing to go beyond a certain point in discount. It was fine with me. However, they were very respectful. Ford/Lincoln of Queens is great too based on my experience. However, forget about most other dealers I have dealt with. East Hills Jeep has been great to me, but i had to cultivate the relationship and takes some back and forth with them but always came to my price. Now Westbury Jeep, Bayside Jeep, Bay Ridge Jeep, or Staten Island Jeep were a whole different story. Like pulling teeth. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey I’m from Manhattan originally so I’ve got no trouble dumping on the outer boros from time to time lol… I just know what things cost in the city so I can understand why they are mostly out there. Honestly I have no idea how Potamkin makes any money at that location of theirs. I can only imagine what it must cost setting up shop in midtown west.

Do you know how long Potamkin has been there?

I’m not sure, they used to be near Sutton place on the east side, and several years ago they moved to midtown west by the west side highway. Beautiful showroom though. Service department leaves a little bit to be desired because of the vertical nature of the building. Getting your car in and out sucks.

Potamkin has been in Manhatten for at least 20 years, I think.

Ok seriously i cannot even get in the gulia section. It must be on fire.

1 Like

Whole forum is on fire. Friday night, nothing else to do :grin:

1 Like

I could tell you but you wouldn’t believe me if I told ya so…

I’m mistaken, kinda. They were on the the west and east side at the same time at one point. York Avenue and 11th Avenue. Closed both those locations and moved to 10th Avenue.

Do you know how much it costs w wry month just to run the place? I do

1 Like

LFact it’s a. Dry tough buikding

It’s at least 35 to 40% more than other dealerships in the area. Cost of doing business in Manhattan.