No deal car has sold sorry for the wrong section

I’m just saying they’ve been there for a long time and probably own their buildings on the west side. And if they don’t - there is a reason why they are still there.

Let’s just say there is no way they can survive in that spot on 11th Ave, but that’s just me saying it I don’t know anything. I do know that every dealer on 11th Ave is having a tremendously tough tine!

They do own there building at 706 11th

Everyone in in the City, who doesn’t own their real estate, has hard time. Dah.

And there’s a lot more involved. But a great place to work, those of us who were working there all miss the people only problem it’s impossible to move cars in and out of that building and the area alone. Way to congested and it’s just not user friendly for people who want everything now in New York City. It will make a nice high rise sooner than kater

That’s right, it is 11th Avenue, not 10th. I’m an idiot who moved out of Manhattan way too long ago and never goes past Tribes anymore unfortunately.

Curbed my wheel on my new Malibu after taking delivery getting out of the driveway. It was heartbreaking. Damage was minor, but still… First time in the car! Never would have happened on a “real” lot. Totally my fault though. Overall it was a great experience doing business there though. I can totally see them being worth more dead than alive if they own the building though.

Did you actually buy anything from a dealer on 11th avenue? Some had their cars stored 4-5 stories high.

Yes. My Malibu was leased at Potamkin in Manhattan.

My dad has been in and out of there multiple times for multiple vehicles too. Always did right by us.

Mine came straight from the factory. I was going to buy off the “lot” so to speak, but there was a stop sell order on the car on the “lot” due to an air bag recall, so mine was ordered.

He got an incredible deal over there on his Acadia Denali. 50k MSRP truck ended up essentially being 400/mo sign and drive. 36/10 I believe. He owed about 1500 on his Enclave lease and put that down, so it was essentially zero drive off. Right place, right time I suppose. He’s OG about this kind of stuff too, traded another car there once that he got a little bit of push back on, about how much they would lose taking it in. He told them how much they would sell it for, and came back later for service and had them look it up. He had it almost down to the dollar.

Potamkin Hyundai in the 120’s off 2nd ave, they also own that huge property. They got it for $1.00 from the city under some agreement I heard. The agreement was to build a technical school or something like that.

Headquartered in Miami, Florida, Potamkin Automotive is one of the largest automotive dealer groups in the United States. Potamkin Automotive’s significant growth is attributable to our dealership acquisition & consolidation model, as well as our decentralized “dealer-centric” strategy that emphasize geographic and brand diversity, localized operations and “as needed” re-investment of capital. We call our philosophy of dealer management “The Power of Partnership.”

Below is our scope of operations:
Over $1.5 Billion in Annual Sales
50 Franchise Locations in 5 States
Operating in the best growth markets:
California: Beverly Hills, Woodland Hills, Van Nuys, Santa Monica & Sacramento(4)
Texas: Houston(3) & El Paso
Florida: Miami Lakes, Doral & Kendall
New York: Manhattan & Harlem
Pennsylvania : Springfield
Employ over 1500 people
Privately owned & operated since 1954