NJ Bolt Premier Mic Drop. $5618 One Pay, free after Buypower and NJ Rebate

Joann and Tony :slight_smile:
They helped me get my Chevy Cruze premier around $30k MSRP for $85 a month with first month at signing… Very good experience :slight_smile:

Joann moved on and Tony is a GSM in some VA dealership…

1 Like

Yep that’s her. She was great

1 Like

Received quotes for Premier from two dealers in NJ. The best so far was with the drive-off total of $8300 BEFORE NJ rebate that they said you have to claim yourself. I was hoping to get to driveoff of $2K after NJ rebate.
The second dealer wanted to sell the car at MSRP (“they sell so good!”), their offer was $8K total WITH $5K rebate already applied.
I confirmed that the Federal Tax credit for Chevy expired in March of 2020, hence they cannot use any of that money to pass on to lesses.

Sounds like you tried Bridgewater Chevy…

1 Like

The dealer cannot apply the rebate. It’s a post sale rebate. So you have to pay all the money out up front and get the $5,000 back.

The GM at Bridgewater Chevy (Bryan) told me they were setup to apply the rebate at POS. I can’t confirm this, because I wasn’t gonna buy a Bolt at MSRP plus $599, but he was one of the few GM’s who sounded educated about it. It was a very amusing conversation that also produced this nugget:

1 Like

I’d really like to see proof of that, or what scam they are running. There’s no information whatsoever about a dealer portal being available yet. And if there was, wouldn’t every dealer be using it right now?

My only guess is that maybe they are part of some kind of beta test, if it is true and not some scam?

I mean NJ does have a dealer signup page; Charge Up New Jersey for Dealerships and Showrooms | Charge Up New Jersey

Yeah, it’s coming. But that’s just an information sign up.

Either ways, I have had very bad experiences in past with bridgewater Chevy…

They agreed on a deal over an email and when I went in said the car is gone but we have a loaner car with 2000 miles and slightly higher payments when compared to the originally agreed deal…

And when I said no. They started their typical aggressive tactics… and mentioned how they are best and I am wasting their time …
I just walked out without getting into an argument.

Indeed, I asked them, who would want to buy a Chevy at MSRP and asked them to take at least 10% off MSRP, but they weren’t willing to do it even after the second dealer confirmed his 8% MSRP discount to me, when I called him in front of them.

It’s actually over MSRP because they charge an additional $599 fee, on top of the usual doc fees, in the F&I office at closing.

Not for nothing but Bryan Ferraez seems like a bit of a meathead from what I’ve heard and read. They seem to have a pretty good racket going there for their entire family.

1 Like

Wait… The $599 is ON TOP of the usual Doc fee? I usually just upped my doc fee calculations to 599 and adjusted discounts accordingly.

Yes!! They charge the following fees:
$350 “Clerical Fee”
$150 “Processing Fee”
$98 “Delivery Fee”
$599 “D&S Fee”
== $1197 in fees

I asked them if D&S stood for “dumb and stupid”

3 Likes

It apparently is. When I saw that they were not discounting a car at all, I left. Hey, at least nobody was pressuring me and they let me test drive it for a while and get acquainted with it. Besides the strange dashboard trim and low storage space the cheap lease is a very compelling argument for it.
What also surprised me is that the sales reps knew very little about the charging options for it.

1 Like

Most people aren’t the most informed on EVs. Even if they ‘claim to be’ lol.

Money talks :laughing:

But @z0lt3c said that Bryan claimed that they are the most knowledgeable Bolt dealer around? :joy:

1 Like

The dash trim is definitely trying a little too hard to be “techy” and “green”. But that’s the overall aesthetic everyone except Tesla has really decided to go with, at least in the economy crowd. Considering it’s small size, it is HUGE on the inside, at least relatively speaking. If you were looking at a Premier I believe most of them have a false floor in the back, so you have more storage space than you think. With the seats folded flat it’s pretty impressive in that regard. Chevy even offers a rear seat delete for commercial customers looking for an electric mini-mini-van.