Nissan troubles

4th Nissan, and the powertrain is awesome. 6 years, no issues on any car. The VQ is a beast. You must know nothing about Nissan to be saying this. The Maxima Platinum is a legit luxury car.

1 Like

Ummm I literally have a rental Altima Loaded and its worse than a a Mitsubishi which Nissan owns and still sucks.

Let’s include Acura. The TLX is a 2014 Accord V6.

As always - most come down to a price. End of last year when Qx60 was going for $300 a months many here hunted for one despite lack of CarPlay, old tech etc.

1 Like

Go buy an Accord then.

Old and proven, better than new and unknown :wink: I actually like the older classy style, real gauges…Plus Nissan’s nowadays have all the tech. Apple car play, pedestrian detection, pro pilot, etc…features that even loaded bimmers don’t have :joy:

1 Like

Umm a Maxima is not a luxury car, theyre imitators. Put it up to an actual luxury car like a BMW 5 Series, Audi A6, Mercedes E-Class and youll see how many people think its “Luxury”.

1 Like

Ummm BMW might not have “Pro-Pilot” (which is a dumb name) but it has Adaptive Cruise, Wireless Apple CarPLay, Pedestrian Dectection, Digitial Gauge Cluster, Head-Up Display, Lane Keep, Shall I Go on?

I, and just about every sane person would. You should try it too!

2 Likes

I agree. I’ve had 4 vehicles with that engine and it may be old but it still rips! (2 G37 sedans, G35 coupe 6-spd and 370z 6-spd)

2 Likes

The fact that plenty people buy them at those prices (43-44k) against A6 means a lot. You can get a new A6 in that range… The Q70S is what competes against the A6. Also, the Maxima competes with the Avalon, Charger, and Chrysler 300. It feels like a luxury car, and drives like one. Also S-Class quiet on the freeway.
" At a steady 70 mph we measured 66 decibels, and a full-throttle whack only produces 74 dBA. Indeed, it’s quieter than the Mercedes-Benz S550, the epitome of luxury"

Apple Car play for a subscription? Cheapskates!

@dmitry c’mon man. Open your mind a bit. I’m a real bad Honda fanboy but I can rant all day long about my disappointments with the direction the company has taken, and their slew of boring/uninspired products. Comparing a Q70 to an A6? a Maxima to an S-Class? This is insanity.

Say 5 negative things about Nissan. GO!

2 Likes

I have driven every luxury car out there. A8L, 7 series. A6 or E class don’t surprise me.

If you read carefully, it was talking about sound isolation. And yes it’s S class quiet for 1/3 or the price. What’s to argue?

Well obviously no ones buying them anymore and they are buying the other competitors since they’ve been facing decline sale (which would have been worse if they didn’t sell so many cars to rental fleets):

Most brands have been declining.

Well go buy a Q50 or QX50 with Apple Carplay right now!.. o wait…

1 Like

Honestly, who cares?

Say 5 negative things about Nissan. Can you even do it?

Not sure what you were trying to prove with that link, but I quickly found a couple of data points.

2007 Nissan Altima

3.5 SE FWD CVT 6.6 sec 15.0 sec @ 94.8 mph Motor Trend
3.5 SE FWD CVT 7.3 sec 15.6 sec @ 95 mph Motor Week

2006 Nissan Altima

SE-R V6 FWD 5A 6.2 sec 14.7 sec @ 94.9 mph Motor Trend

Another thing to look at is the CVTs vs manual trans. You’ll find the manual trans to be faster, whereas that is not true when compared to the more modern automatics these days.

2009 Nissan Altima

3.5 SE Coupe FWD CVT 5.9 sec 14.6 sec @ 97 mph Car and Driver
3.5 SE FWD 6M 5.8 sec 14.5 sec @ 100 mph Car and Driver

The Dodge ZF? yes, it has been quite good for them. You probably mean the Jeep/Chrysler 9-speed, which is the same as in the Acura you mention. Yes, they have had reliability problems. Not sure what that has to do with the acceleration you are attempting to compare.