Nissan troubles

Look at 2013 and up. Trap speeds are 5-6 higher…

Please note: LOVED my '04 350z 6-spd. I enjoyed and even autocrossed (and one HPDE) my G35x 5-spd auto. And my 7-spd auto EX35 was a very quick compact CUV (pretty sure the EX was ahead of its time now that everyone is making similar vehicles a decade later). But Nissan has lost that sporting edge.

1 Like

Because power has increased over the years.

Platinum VC-Turbo Edition One FWD CVT 5.9 sec 14.5 sec @ 99 mph Car and Driver

3.5 SV FWD CVT 6.1 sec 14.6 sec @ 100 mph Car and Driver

Lol, so 236hp (2019) is higher than 270hp (2013)?

I have NO CLUE what you are comparing. Is that a new maxima?? Are you looking at torque and power curves as well? There is a reason why turbos have become so widely used, and it isn’t for peak hp in most cases.

Platinum FWD CVT 5.7 sec 14.2 sec @ 102 mph Car and Driver

SR FWD CVT 6.1 sec 14.3 sec @ 102 mph Motor Week

3.5 SE FWD 6M 6.4 sec 15.0 sec @ 95 mph Car and Driver

I am comparing 2019 to 2013. 2019 altima got quicker despite less hp, in 1/4 mile. So your phrase “slower with years” is nonsense.

LOL. Ok, you win. Nissan is a sportscar monster.

1 Like

Not as bad as a drop as your Nissan at 15%:

:bat:

3 Likes

Here are the specs I found:

Power: 270 hp @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 251 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm

vs

Power: 248 hp @ 5600 rpm
Torque: 280 lb-ft @ 1600 rpm

So, yes, for those mighty 2/10ths, they had 22 fewer ponies, but 29 more lb-ft with a far wider power band starting at far lower RPMs. That, my friend, is “more power.”

And, seriously, good for them! If they offered that in the AWD version with a manual and/or 8spd ZF auto, I’d be all over it. (hell, if a manual, I’d even accept it in FWD-only; it would at least be a GLI competitor)

How the heck this thread got into pissing match about World vs Nissan when the news was Nissan is in trouble?
Kind of like residents in my building saying it’s one the best luxury building to buy in our city yet it requires $25k assessment per unit or order not to fall apart.
Yes, their cars are good for certain market to buy but not good enough to grow.
So with oust of their CEO may be they finally right the ship.
There were plenty of good cars with failed companies and plenty of shitty cars with companies that survived

1 Like

6 Likes

2K8dVAkEHhtxQTv0VI7kMLi6zSZX9UQjMbdA9Tq8X-MCsADiM7unuuP-4wVMF0opHQ

Sorry, not sorry.

Some quick Altima must have really triggered them Kia Optima owners…

It’s possible. With a simple google search you can see where the 99% comes from.

Cash on hand increased???:joy:

My dad had two newer Altimas and they weren’t quick. In fact the most vanilla cars I have drove.

1 Like