New Mclaren delivered damaged

Vehicles are generally excluded from credit card dispute processes. Check your cardmember agreement to be sure, but it’s VERY hard to dispute a vehicle lease or purchase transaction. AmEx Black will likely work with you though.

2 Likes

I feel like you’ll have a much tougher time trying to be patient and let them rectify the situation than just ridding yourself of it and getting another.

I think the fact that the lease details haven’t been mentioned yet is more than enough to say that the deal wasn’t one off or so amazing that you’ll never get close again

1 Like

Unless you for a great deal, I would not want the headache of this situation.

For all the headaches they have given you and they sign a new lease they better give you an even better deal, and that is if they get everything repaired 100%.

With that said if I had such car and and it came with any damages I would have sent the car back.

When @BMW_Dave sent me my car the shipping company probably took 30+ picture before the car was sent to me, and the pics were available to view online. With the BOL everything came in one piece like it just left the factory.

I guess it depends on the shipping company, if the shipping company was any competent then they would have taken several picture from multiple angles before even picking up the car!

I bet it cost a lot in a closed container too, so I’d expect 0 damages.

I’d expect some compensation from the dealership if you were to keep the car along the repairs/new parts plus have them make the first payment on them for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Seats are stunning in the looks dept. I have a 991 GT3 RS with carbon racing seats which are stunning along with easy ingress/egress, but in comparison, the Mclaren Sennas are difficult to get in and out of.
It’s an acrobatic dance to get in and out of imo.

!

3 Likes

No heated seats, no power seats, no lumbar support, no adjustment except manual front to back sliding of the seats.

Can you fit an empty plastic Pepsi bottle in that hole? Just wondering :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very small cup or bottle :joy::joy:

You only get 5k a year, I guess. So it should be enough :grin:

Funny thing is that I average 500-1000 miles/year on my sports cars. So sad to rack up so little miles on these wonderful cars.

Right. That’s why I don’t own any :grin:

1 Like

@mnogh can u post what the deal was on this car? I always wondered what a decent exotic lease would look like?

Only power you have is to tell finance guy “I will not sign. Come pick up your car”! See how they get involved!

I will gladly offer to help you with that LOL

I would not take a damaged Mitsubishi Mirage. Be glad the contract was rejected. It’s their problem now.

Please update us on final resolution of this.

3 Likes

Yeah. Make them take it back or don’t sign shot. Say if you don’t fix that, before I sign. I won’t sign anything.

Also. How much is a lease on that!!!

I hope the dealer took photos of the car being loaded? I have needed them multiple times to deal with issues like this, check to see if they did

It would all be on the BOL. They’ll repair and try to hold the deal together. Any lot damage over $1,500 needs to be reported (or that’s the case in CA) so it would be a headache to sell if the deal unwinds.

Keep it simple, ask for transporters insurance info & put in a claim.

A personal friend who had their new 720s transported, also had a similar case.
Front lip was scratched underneath & rear bumper had a paint chip.

25K was paid out & best part nothing was fixed as it wasn’t visible to human eye.
When the car goes back on lease they wont see the minor damage.

Hopefully this helps.

2 Likes