New Mclaren delivered damaged

I’d reject a KIA if it came damaged
Not resigning anything until they get it resolved…definitely not waiting 4 weeks for parts to come in while this thing is burning a hole in my pocket

Don’t shatter my McLaren dreams!

7 Likes

All of the above! I’ve shipped various M cars etc as a salesperson, and always took a ton of pictures with the VIN of the car and the date included, with the carrier/truck in the photos with the car, company name, truck identifier info on side doors etc. Included a continuous walk around video on my cell phone with the vehicle VIN and truck info in it. Then again, I always urged the customer to use a top tier shipper like Intercity or Reliable. I had one driver even note a fine scratch on the underside of the front carbon spoiler on a new M4 once, since he could feel it with his finger. How they can ship a McLaren and not have it down to a standard science is beyond me… both the dealer and the shipper that is…

1 Like

Tort & Agreements 101

DONT SIGN SHIT.

YOU GOT LUCKY THE AGREEMENT WAS REJECTED BY ALLY

1 Like

Oh my. Do not resign. Let it go back to dealer and find a new deal elsewhere. Leasing a quarter million dollar car and the dealership’s reaction was to say “you deal with it.” That’s insane to me.

There’s no way they can reasonably stay in business long with this kind of clientele with that attitude.

Let them take the car back. It’s going to be your problem if you resign which is what they want. You’ll have to get it fixed to turn it back in.

7 Likes

Or just to take it out in public…

Looking at it from a financial perspective first. I wouldn’t dare take this car out in public in that condition.

1 Like

Sure about one day worrying about the damage to my Maclaren lease? Yeah sounds like a good problem to have in the scheme of things.

I’m not a leasing expert (not bad at it, but no expert), but I’m qualified to call myself a freight expert (32 years in the industry, manage a facility for a major player now). Here is the short take on it. Right now, your only problem is that you don’t have a lease and a car. You can find another car. This issue with the damage is not your issue since there is no signed lease agreement in place. This problem is solely upon the dealer and the transporter. Do not sign anything until the car is completely fixed to your liking. If you sign before it is fixed, then you become involved in this little problem; and this little problem has the potential to turn into a real mess. Right now, they can fix it and then have you sign the contract, or they can take it back to where it came from. Do not, absolutely do not involve yourself in a freight damage claim that you don’t have to be a part of. Good luck.

9 Likes

Also, who set up the transport?

Off topic, can you share the pics of the sexy beast of a car?

8 Likes

I agree with everyone else on here. Question I have is how long will it take for the dealer to return their Drive off amount. Being a McClaren I’m sure there was a decent chunk of change due at signing.

If it was me, I wouldn’t even want a repaired car. This isn’t a Corolla, it’s a Mclaren. I would send it back and get a new undamaged , unrepaired car. You shouldn’t have to settle for a repaired car.

6 Likes

I paid the drive off amount with my credit card so I can just dispute the charge and prove the damage. I assume my credit card would side with me since I make large purchases through the year.

1 Like

9 Likes

Since I am leasing the car and will return it, don’t mind a repaired car as long as the car was done to perfection and I don’t lose a lot of time without it, thus making payments and not driving it.
Maybe they should fix it and then my lease starts or they reimburse me something for the time lost not being about to use the car…

1 Like

Unless you got an “unicorn” deal, I would cut bait and try to get a new one.

if the dealer is already not being helpful, it wont get any easier to negotiate those terms…

Good Luck!!

Crappy situation aside, that spec is gorgeous!

7 Likes

Those seats look nice, but not very comfortable. Save yourself trip to a chiropractor :grin:

Senna seats are actually insanely comfortable.

3 Likes

Where is the lumbar support? Thigh cushion? Nah…

I get this is a sports car and ride comfort is not a priority.