Need a Bolt EV?

10 months is a long time … I think we should take bets

It’s not a question of bet. It’s a question of looking at past history of Volt, I3 and Leaf itself and any other electric not named tesla.

The “waiting list” of people willing to pay MSRP (or above [gasp!]) declines abruptly and then the discounts creep in. The novelty factor fades and then it becomes just another small electric car with a range limitation.

So no, I was not betting or prognosticating, I was just saying that off the gate, GM should have set the price of BOLT to 30k flat rather than sell the first 1000 cars for MSRP and then discount the remaining by 1k every additional month which means your most loyal customer (the first 1000 buyers/leasers) are the ones who feel the most deflated.

1523 Bolts currently listed on Cars.com. That about twice as many as 2-3 weeks ago.

Maybe 3/5 will bring some new lease offers from GM.

oh boy! Better put a hold on those 250

fingers crossed that GM will release a half way decent rebate on the Bolt. They need to part with a bulk of the $7500 fed money!

The discounts are half way decent $2000 to $2500 off MSRP on the Bolt EV. there is only about $1200 between MSRP and invoice on them. So we’re already below invoice.

I was set on a Bolt, but then this price dropping made me decide to hold off for a better deal…now it looks like I’ll probably get a Model 3 instead.

I’m afraid that the Model 3 will lease so poorly it’ll make Porsche leases look like a smoking deal…

Was going to lease the Bolt, but for the Model 3, it would be an outright purchase. The feature I want most in a car (other than the 200+ mile EV range + fast charging provisions) is autopilot and eventually fully autonomous, so I’m planning that the Model 3 will be a long-term keeper.

Battery life in these EVs have been showing extremely poorly after a few years of use. Drops in capacity and range so I don’t think they’ll be good “keepers”

Even if the battery life on the Model 3 goes down to 80% after 5 years, it’s still got plenty of range to get around. I believe the battery is warranty’d on Teslas for 125,000 miles. Let’s say theoretically the battery dies/diminishes capacity too much in 10 years (which I think is being extremely conservative), then by 2028 if you’re still driving it around, I think battery prices will be significantly cheaper by that time and technologies will have evolved considerably.

Either way, I’d be surprised if many people leased the Model 3. I don’t even know if it’ll be an option for those of us that put a deposit down before the announcement.

This just hit my email - No affiliation - $3K off Bolts

================================================== ========
Hello my name in Mustafa i am the internet director here at Dublin Chevrolet i am contacting you either because your sales person has not contacted you or has followed up with you with our new promotions. if you would still consider a bolt ev

we are now doing $3000 off MSRP on all Bolts in stock for the month of march.If you would like a quote on a lease or purchase please let me know the amount down you would be comfortable putting down also the term your interested in along with amount of miles if interested in Leasing. the bolts i have below are all in stock.

http://www.dublinchevrolet.com/Vehic...lts?search=new

1 Like

Not a surprise. Feb Bolt numbers were terrible. The trend seems to favor 1k off every month. Should stabilize at around 5k off with GM incentive also getting closer and closer to full fed tax credit.

3 Likes

He won’t be winning any literature prizes

We are doing $3000 off Bolts right now. Contact me and I can work up any quotes for you.

Your one thread is enough. You have no right to spam someone else’s thread.

2 Likes

I think at $5k off it might start being worthwhile. I’ll still wait the 6 months for the Model 3 though. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Most people will be waiting a lot longer than that. Probably enough to start/finish a 24 or 36 month lease in the interim.

1 Like

haha yea, they say new reservations would be delivered mid 2018. I’d be very skeptical about that. I’m still holding out some hope that I was early enough to get it by the end of 2017 since I put in my deposit before the announcement. My current lease ends in November, so I’m really hoping I’ll get it by then! Probably will have to drive my old clunker for a few months in between.

Get a cheap $19 per month lease on an e-Golf cause you know Tesla never ships on time.