Mustang Mach-E GT Negative Equity Options

Soggy off ramp?

2 Likes

Nope some neighborhoods are underwater

1 Like

My wife did ask me if we can go shopping towards Gilroy todayā€¦But lets stick to good options here please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make sure you have enough battery to get to gilroy and GG Mach e

Lol! I ate a 3k loss on a Tacoma I purchased
Gmtv paid 1.5 over msrp about 2 weeks ago :joy:

1 Like

I think if it was 5-6k Loss, I would do it (for something better maybe? )
12k lossā€¦it feels weird saying that. I havenā€™t lost that much since GMEā€¦

lil pro tip if you go the Moses route.

crack open a window so it really floods lol.

3 Likes

Leave it in south central running with the keys in it

1 Like

It looks like you attributed all your rebates into the first 12 months which makes your monthly payment for the first yr of ownership 3500/12= $292/month not 1100/month.

I wouldnā€™t calculate it this way. I would spread the 9.5k over 36 months so you have 2/3rd of it remaining to offset the depreciation which translates to roughly 6.3k. 12k - 6.3k = 5.7k - still a good chuck of change though.

If you can find a unicorn eqs deal, it would still make sense to move the Mach e gt.

You may want to test drive the eqs 450 first though. In my opinion the ride is not as good as the Mach e gt.

1 Like

Correct. My current total cost has been $3500. My remaining sup of payments over 2.5 years is $32k

The depreciation hit hard. I sold another in Sep for 70k. In Jan, I checked and numbers were in the late 50s. Today its mid-40s. Thats wow kinda drop.

I did. Its no sports car. I think I got swayed by $600 a month numbers, but it doesnā€™t make sense to spend $10k (over 2 years) to save $500 a month, it evens out.
I think this post I wanted to focus solely on getting out of Mach-E. because I dont see getting any equity out of it at the end of 3 years.

Still waiting on, unless I missed it, the answer to the carfax question. As someone else posted, MMR is quite a bit higher than $48k for a clean car.

2 Likes

otherwise ā€¦ OP will need to get this plate

5 Likes

Why donā€™t you call your local Ford dealers to see what they can buy it for? I have noticed that online retailers are not overpaying like they used to and most offers are below MMR now. It should go for low to mid-50s at auction, so I donā€™t see why a Ford dealer wonā€™t give you somewhere in that range unless it has high miles on it.

Also since it is a balloon, there might be a tax credit on a trade-in assuming you finance or pay cash. So if you found a replacement, see if you can work a deal there. That will help diminish some of that negative equity as well.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t realize things had changed. Cuz with my last Mustang, ford dealers were 3-5k under the online ones. Iā€™ll check today

But since Iā€™m CA, no tax credit. Frequently changing cars becomes exhortbitantly expensive if purchasing , because of situations like these

2022 model year? Or did you get a leftover 2021?

10chars

Just curious: are you intentionally dodging the carfax question? Was this car in an accident?

I didnā€™t see a carfax question ā€¦ weird. Anyways, no the car is completely clean.

1 Like

:oncoming_automobile: :fox_face:

We asked because

Oh that. Yes I got the scratch cleared up. Nothing on carfox. Took it to a detailing shop, took $200. But it was the other one

1 Like

Well weā€™ll weā€™ll. My local ford dealer

1 Like