Model Y vs Ioniq 5 vs RAV4 Prime vs ID.4 vs EV6

Some of the dealers, at least in NY, have 50+ on the lot.

Do you plan to take people with you on your longer trips?

Of those 3, the Ioniq5 seems to have the most interior and comfortable space (back seats slide and recline).

Model Y has more storage.

My one knock on Tesla, the latest v11 update to the center console is really bad… took away the convenient shortcuts that are needed on a single panel, few physical controls cockpit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

As it looks like it may be a (long) while before my FIL can get his hands on his 7-seat Model Y, wondering if seeking out an ID4 until his Y is ready for pickup may be a good hedge move. He gets a vehicle in his possession much sooner than Nov-Feb next year (an EV no less) and can drive that around, and once his Y is ready, sell the ID4 off and slide into the Y. And I’m assuming he’d be able to get an ID4 much sooner than Nov-Feb. Lol

Odds are with the $7.5k tax credit factored in, he’d at worst break even flipping the ID4 for the Y when the time comes. Assuming he agrees with this new plan, guess I should do some ID4 shopping for him…

Plus the ID4 comes with 3yrs free charging and ranges about the same as a YLR in real world.

1 Like

It’s also pretty similar in size to his totaled Rav4 (may even be a bit bigger inside?). The 3 years of free charging would just be a cherry on top.

1 Like

Don’t know how old your FIL is but the ID4 may be a better transition to EV car than the MY. As much as I like my MY, the other EVs are more similar to ICE cars in terms of ride, display and overall driving.

In retrospect (other than the insane resale value and Supercharger network), we would probably have preferred an ID4 or Ioniq 5.

1 Like

I’d say ~10% is probably about right.

1 Like

Curious to know what’s the market is like for ID4? I was hoping to get a RAV4 Prime given it’s $7.5 tax credit (will be halved starting Oct. 1), but it seems impossible to find anything at MSRP unless you can wait for a year or two.

Good luck finding an ID4 in stock or at MSRP. With the Ukraine situation an order may take longer than a MY.

:point_down::point_down:

2 Likes

Expect to wait close to a year for an ID.4 order – and there are reports on dealers charging above MSRP even on a customer ordered vehicle, so be sure to get the price in writing before placing an order.

5 Likes

Yeesh, might as well wait for the Tesla then. Wonder if Ioniq 5’s are any better availability wise.

1 Like

If you get one make sure you buy some chains and locks so it doesn’t run away :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chances to get an EV6 are much higher. @Jrouleau426 was offering some units at MSRP last week…probably sold out.

1 Like

Have a few more coming

Jim
215-359-6836

3 Likes

Checked with my VW contact and can confirm at least 8 months for an ID4.

4 Likes

Checking Tesla’s site, the highest price Ys are about 2-4 month wait… better than I thought.

I’m the OP of this thread. I ended up taking the model y. I did the FSD hack. Added FSD and within two weeks VIN was assigned and EDD moved from August to May. I removed FSD after I scheduled for the delivery.

Hope it works for you guys. Cheers.

10 Likes

After you got your VIN, you removed FSD and nothing happened with your EDD?

I removed it after I scheduled for the delivery. When Tesla prompts you for scheduling for delivery it means the car has already been built and it’s on its way to the dealership or it’s already there. That’s how I understood it. Please make sure to do your due diligence, I’m not sure if Tesla is cracking down on people who are trying this FSD hack. It worked out for me. I took delivery last week.