Model Y vs Ioniq 5 vs RAV4 Prime vs ID.4 vs EV6

Hi Guys,

I’m in a dilemma, not sure what to do. Looking for your keen advice.

I had ordered a model y on 10/2021 which was supposed to be delivered on 03/2022. So far it has been delayed 4 times since then. Current delivery says 07/2022 but I feel like it will get delayed again. I really like the model y because of the range, super charging network, and most of all the tech. It’s quite expensive though and the delays really bugging me.

I’ve been looking into the Ioniq 5 and it’s a damn beautiful ride. Love the look. Worried about the range and charging network though. I do long trips quite often. So wondering if I should skip it.

Prime is going to take care of the range anxiety and local short trips. Practically I won’t even need to fill up the tank unless I do a long trip. I hate the interior tech though. Looks ancient.

Right now I’m looking to finance and model y will cost me around 59k, Ioniq 5 52k, and prime 52k. What should I do guys? Wait for the model y or just jump on the other I’ve mentioned.

Thank you for your kind advice.

1 Like

You misspelled Kia EV6

5 Likes

Read this thread, you can get a tesla much quicker. I got mine in one week

5 Likes

It’s nice but personally I don’t like the look :frowning:

Call me crazy but I prefer Ioniq 5 over EV6 too

1 Like

There are other PHEV like the Sorento, Santa Fe, Lexus NX, etc.

1 Like

IDK if that’s a great solution for someone who does long trips quite often.

Random Long trips? Prime then Tesla

If you know you have chargers then pick.

It is if you’re shopping the ioniq5

No EV should really be in this conversation.

I am picking up Model Y Performance on Friday and ordered it last friday, so you still can get it really quick. Having said that, you can still get the $7500 tax rebate with the Ioniq5 or EV6 and that makes it a no brainer to finance. Stock for the Ioniq5 is plentiful where I am but this can be YMMV. No markups and even small discounts are available provided you expand your search area.

DCFC chargers are actually pretty reliable in my experience driving the Etron for the past year but again this would depend on your area. You would have no issues along the Northeast corridor, but you might be shit out of luck in bumfuck Nebraska. Use Plugshare and A Better Route Planner to check how much charging is available on your trips.

A Good deal on a RAV4 Prime is a $5k markup, so dont even touch it.

4 Likes

Any reason to avoid a Kia dealership is a good reason.

4 Likes

I travel from NY to VA quite a lot so range is a big concern. I was okay with Tesla coz of the supercharging network and how it’s so nicely integrated to the onboard navigation. I wonder how it works for other EVs. Wish google map had a feature where it basically automatically routes you to the charging stations sigh.

Prime is great but man I can’t get myself over that infotainment system. It’s so bad :frowning: .

Bro I have done that drive, you will have no issues charging with the Ioniq5 and it charges faster than Teslas. I would even argue DCFC is better than Superchargers on that route since they wont be very crowded.

A Better Route Planner does map everything into Google Maps as long as you plan ahead.

2 Likes

I use plug share to find the best routes

3 Likes

Small discounts on an Ioniq 5? that’s a first

I think @AA-NJ here in northeast is offering them for 1.25% off MSRP

1 Like

Are you replacing that etron? Positive equity I assume, or you’re keeping it?

Yup, similar discounts in NY.

Wife loves that car, keeping it for now.