Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

My base Model Y LR that was ordered on 11/3/21 got a vin today and is scheduled for delivery next week.

4 Likes

Tesla told me today the MY was onsite but was missing parts. When the parts arrive and are installed, they will schedule delivery. Asked around a bit and was told Tesla is shipping vehicles to delivery centers without ECUs and then shipping the ECUs, as they become available, to be installed locally.

1 Like

I added FSD to the FIL’s order. Supposedly Tesla shut down the “add FSD, get VIN, then remove FSD but keep earlier VIN” loophole, but hey, it’s worth a shot. Especially when Tesla comes near quarter end and tries to maximize deliveries…(my FIL lives about an hour from Fremont).

Any info for a 22 Model 3 LR with accident history? 6600 miles. Carfax/Autocheck just show a rear end collision. Looking to sell mine now that I got it back from the body shop and it just doesn’t drive quite the same way and has very random scratching/rattle noises that I honestly don’t have the desire to chase down.

This explains my 3LR inability to schedule even tho estimate is today - 4 days from now for a solid week now.

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Model Y vs Ioniq 5 vs RAV4 Prime?

File for diminished value?

Filed earlier this week :slight_smile: , but received a tempting offer from CarMax… was just curious what the actual hit to the value was compared to no accident history

Tesla Values
22 Model MMR / 5-13
2022 TESLA MODEL 3 2WD 4D SEDAN BASE MMR $56,200 (+$300)
2022 TESLA MODEL 3 AWD 4D SEDAN LONG RANGE BASE MMR $63,800 (-$100)
2022 TESLA MODEL 3 AWD 4D SEDAN PERFORMANCE BASE MMR $68,300 ($NC)
2022 TESLA MODEL Y 4D SUV LONG RANGE BASE MMR $74,400 (-$300)
2022 TESLA MODEL Y 4D SUV PERFORMANCE BASE MMR $77,700 (-$300)
2022 TESLA MODEL S 4D SEDAN BASE MMR $100,000 (-$1000)

21 Model MMR / 5-13
2021 TESLA MODEL 3 2WD 4D SEDAN BASE MMR $53,100 (+$100)
2021 TESLA MODEL 3 AWD 4D SEDAN LONG RANGE BASE MMR $59,200 (+$200)
2021 TESLA MODEL 3 AWD 4D SEDAN PERFORMANCE BASE MMR $65,700 ($NC)
2021 TESLA MODEL Y 4D SUV LONG RANGE BASE MMR $68,900 (-$400)
2021 TESLA MODEL Y 4D SUV PERFORMANCE BASE MMR $71,500 (+$500)
2021 TESLA MODEL S 4D SEDAN BASE MMR $94,100 ($-800)

4 Likes

Thx for this. When estimating what one can get for their used Tesla, is the MMR number at, below, or above what one can expect a dealer or third party buyout company will offer?

obviously it’s above.

By how much? 5%? 10%?

I’d say I got a fair deal based on this. Sold my 2022 Model 3 LR w/ 6600 miles yesterday to CarMax for $58k.

Major structural damage from being rear ended – needed new trunk floor, floor, front and rear bumper impact absorbers, rear trunk + both quarter panels repainted. Didn’t drive the same, had some issues (e.g., faint rattling and rubbing noises on smooth roads), main screen froze up several times even with reset (could be related, or coincidental) and dash cam function no longer working. Picked up from a Tesla Approved body shop on Monday and sold on Friday. ~$4k profit, have DV claim submitted, and have an order with $51k LR Base pricing still, so it was a no brainer.

Carvana: $43k
Vroom: $45k
GMTV: $50k (upped it to $58,150 with carmax’s offer)

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t understand. If MMR on my 2022 TESLA MODEL 3 2WD 4D SEDAN BASE is $56,200, I can expect an offer for at, above, or below that number?

You should expect less than MMR because that’s the number your buyer will get when they sell it in the auction. But they might offer you more to compete with other buyers.

Any idea if carmax lowered their bid because of the accident history and how much?

Just got a 62k offer from Driveway for my 22 M3LR with no options, ~1k miles.

Offer seems to be in line with what’s expected vs MMR. May try and get GMTV to beat once I get an offer from them; considering their below market offer on my Jeep, I expect them to initially lowball me on this one.

1 Like

@drdvrgs look :eyes: :joy:

Can’t go any higher can it? :clown_face:

I don’t miss an electric car I’ll tell you that

Sorry after looking at gas prices i love my tesla :joy:

2 Likes