Model Y vs Ioniq 5 vs RAV4 Prime vs ID.4 vs EV6

Ok, thanks. I’m wondering when is the latest you can request to have FSD removed from your build (question to anyone)? Sounds like you removed it even after your VIN was assigned and delivery scheduled! Whendoes your build (and price) become “locked in”?

Surely there are better ways to gamble $12,000?

$RIVN options? :smile:

in case anyone is still actually interested in this, a new contender has entered the fray

a side benefit, it comes in every hacker’s favorite color - highlighter yellow!

1 Like

Is that a Chrysler steering wheel on it?

no idea.

i wonder where the hell we can even get one of these things.

It’s Hyundai you know, so flipping that isn’t really feasible either.

You need to plot your usual routes and map out EA chargers. EA network has been getting a lot better. There are other chargers, but EA is simply the best non-Telsa dc fast charger network.

One thing the Ioniq 5 has going for it is charging speed and curve. It is much better than the Model Y at charging speeds. Ioniq 5 peaks at 230kw and you can see those speeds up to 50%. Tapers down after 50% but will stay about 140kw to 80%. One of the fastest charging EV’s on the market.

2 Likes

Wise they chose 800V battery pack.

It also coldgates hard if you don’t romp on it to warm the pack before getting to the charger.

i’d be happy to keep that one. been really impressed with the genesis cars that i’ve driven in so far.

If dealers are asking $5-10k over for Ioniq5/EV6, I wonder what they’ll ask for GV60? Sacrifice of your first born?

2 Likes

When the GV70 came out right before the Carpocalypse, they were asking way over sticker. so yes, a first born sounds about right, or a kidney

Yes I remember, it was wayyy over sticker. Had a interesting conversation with a dealer for EV6 who was asking $8k over sticker. He claimed to be the cheapest in the state (I didn’t verify this claim). At this point, the value proposition between a Kia EV6 and Tesla M3 just disappears.

Hyundai112 in Medford, NY sells everything on msrp. I was really close on getting an Ioniq 5 SEL.

4 Likes

i’ll bet you’ll be able to order at MSRP somewhere at some point. no way would i order without even seeing it first. this isn’t a 4xe.

that point being in 2027?

who the hell knows at this point.