[MN] Is this a good offer for a 2023 Audi A6 Premium Select

LeaseHackr Community,

Now that I’m getting better at using the Rate Findr Calculator, I put together a deal I want to offer to a local dealership.

I’m considering this (above/below) lease offer for a 2023 Audi A6 and would love your input on whether this is a good deal. Here are the details:

Lease Terms:

• MSRP: $65,440
  • Selling Price: $59,440
  • Lease Duration: 36 Months
  • Mileage: 10,000 miles/year
  • Money Factor: 0.00053
  • Residual Value: $35,992
  • Monthly Payment: $658
  • Due at Signing: $0 (Zero drive-off, all payments capitalized)

Fees and Taxes:

• Acquisition Fee: $895
  • Dealer Fee: $200
  • Taxes: $2,020
  • Disposition Fee: $495

Incentives:

• Customer Credit: $5,000
  • Association Benefit Program (IBM): $750

I’m trying to determine if this is a competitive offer. WDYT? (@max_g , I hope I’m not breaking a rule here!)

Good on you for putting the effort in on calc! I would verify MF/RV at Edmunds lease forums for your vehicle and search this site for posted deals on your vehicle. For a 23 Audi I’d think 10-12% off should be goal but I haven’t done the searching that you should.

2 Likes

~$24k total lease cost is a lot to pay for a car selling for 59. It’s also a lot to pay relative to other avenues of driving a luxury sedan in this segment: such as a CPO 2021 E350 is 40k and brand new 2023s are at least 10% off so a $60k sticker would sell for 54 or less.

In general this segment is tough to lease in unless you stack a ton of rebates such as loyalty, etc on top of MSD on top of a highly discounted loaner.

Do you qualify for loyalty on any luxury brands?

1 Like

When did this new rule start where we go off of selling price and not MSRP? 5 years I’ve been on this website and I’ve never seen anyone go off the selling price, you included, up until recently.

If you feel so strongly about this why didn’t you suggest LH scores get calculated based on the selling price instead of the MSRP in the calculator suggestion thread?

This Audi has a 9 year LH score, way better than other cars in this segment, and you still need to come in and do your shtick about not leasing.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, this isn’t a customer of mine and it’s not my deal, but seriously.

6 Likes

I choose to see this site as helping to get best lease deal (discount/no adds/buy MF/etc) on a car you WANT…rather than just going after a BEST LEASE DEAL regardless of what the vehicle is. :face_with_peeking_eye:

PS, and sometimes buying/financing is the better path…

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, there are some leases so egregious they are worth calling out as not worth leasing, this ain’t one of them.

4 Likes

Yes, but w/ the MF that OP is getting, seems like leasing might be the way to go here, actually.

OP, I don’t see a ton of A6s listed here, but see if there’s anything under “Signed!” or if there’s an Audi forum where people have discussed recently A6 transaction prices.

It seems like you’re at least not being ripped off. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agree, that is a good MF these days!

2 Likes

What do you mean by this?

Do qualify for loyalty on any luxury brands?

I had a dealer ask me something similar once. They even said, “do you have a relative with the same manufacturer that you could get the VIN number from so we can get you loyalty.” Turns out I did, but I have no idea what they were doing (now I have an idea).

Sometimes there’s a cap on how old it can be but in general it just means you own or lease another car of the same brand.

Hell it almost makes the 1% rule, just $3.60/month off. :crazy_face:

Also buying a new car with a loan isn’t some magical cheap solution that has savings versus leasing the same vehicle.

Buying/loan only starts to make comparable economic sense if the vehicle is driven for more years/miles after the lease period ends or if the financing interest rate is low-ish to be much less than the lease.

Problem where max craps on so many ice lease threads is compounded because:

1. Max thinks were all so stupid as to not know used cars cost less than new cars.

2. Max also keeps saying that asinine story about how someone who leases in perpetuity spends a lot of money without having any equity afterwards.

3. Max implies people are dumb for entering into leases. “like obviously

4. Most the Trusted Hackrs seem totally fine with this.

If someone’s constantly buying/selling ICE cars with loan they’ll spend a similar amount of cash compared to a ICE lease. You want to save money? Drive used cars. A 3 year old Audi you used for the previous 3 years is now a used car.

Max somehow thinks he’s found out this magical revelation and needs to lord such brilliance over everybody.

I agree. OP is at over 9% off MSRP. If I were getting a 2023 model, I would settle at 11% off MSRP. End of the month is tomorrow, so maybe the dealer might be motivated.

@mk1 - Have you priced out a 2024? There is also a $5000 customer credit.

EDIT:

If this car is on the dealer’s lot, tell them you will sign tomorrow at 12% off MSRP + rebates, and see what they say.

Already have, these guys (https://www.audistpaul.com/new/Audi/2023-Audi-A6-st+paul+mn-5d60d9ed0a0e087f23ca16cea30e1a84.htm) are one of the “one price” BS dealers and they will not budge. It blows my mind. They’re also a monopoly in the Twin Cities, it’s one owner that owns all of the Audi dealerships. I have tried.

You have a few options:

1. Work with an out-of-state Audi dealer.
  2. Find another car/brand not affiliated with the owner of the Audi dealership in your state.
  3. Work with a broker that can get you a better dealer.

Are there tips for finding reputable brokers in my area? Or is Google my friend?

Check out the Marketplace. You might have to ship from out of state, so do the math to see if it is worth it.

1 Like

If I lease from an out-of-state dealer do I have to return it to the same dealership or can I return it to a local Audi dealership?

You can return the car to any other dealer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.