[MN] Advice for 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE, Audi A6, VW Atlas etc

I’m chasing a deal. :slight_smile:

I’d take the A6 out of all the cars you listed which didn’t seem like a bad deal. Look in marketplace at broker offerings. Not a bad thing to chase the deal and not the car but you need to start making offers and stop asking for quotes. Figure out what actually leases well.

I had suggested this to OP yesterday.

@mk1 - Regarding the lease offer on the 2023 A6 - it is not a bad offer at 9%+ off MSRP + $5750 in rebates. If it is with base MF, as I said in your other thread, tell the dealer you will sign today at 12% off. I would settle at 11% off MSRP for an end of the month deal.

2 Likes

Audi A6, Q7, E class, GLE, none of these are happening within that budget unfortunately.

Audi Q5 is ok, getting a little on the old side, should really be leasing for way less than what everyone is asking for them.

JGC 4xe base trim isn’t nicer than a nice trim of Hyundai, Kia etc so IDK how it made that list or how it can be considered a $650 car.

You’ll have to revise your budget, or maybe allocate more toward the nice car and less for the daily driver. Can you drive an EV as a daily driver that doesn’t see many road trips?

If you are going to go down the used luxury route, nothing wrong with that if you know what you’re doing.

1. Carmax has 2020 A6 starting at $28k and a much lower cost of warranty. Or 2019 Lexus GS starting at $33k which ought to be more reliable and retain value better than the A6.

2. If you can allocate more for the nice car, then CPO 2021s from Mercedes, BMW and Audi are now $40k and up.

3. From personal experience the most reliable modern German engine made was the 3.5L naturally aspirated V6 by Mercedes. Our family had two of these in the W211 and W212 (2010-2016) up to 10yrs/100k on the first one and 11yrs/75k miles and counting on the latter. Without a warranty my first search for a luxury German car would definitely be for a 2016 E350.

3 Likes

Wasn’t his A6 deal under 700 with 0 das. Getting confused with the multiple threads

1 Like

Yep.

I disagree here. A base trim 4xe is nicer than a comparably priced (from a lease standpoint at least) sorrento phev)

1 Like

That was his construct of a target deal which has been turned down afaik

1 Like

@mk1 - As others have stated, do not buy an out-of-warranty German car, unless you plan to purchase an extended warranty.

Maybe you should ask your friend some of the known issues he has seen with this model.

My '21 A6 has had a few issues in the past 6 months, all covered under warranty. They include:

• Replacement of the valve body related to a transmission issue
  • Replacement of the starter generator for the hybrid motor

In both instances, my car was not drivable and had to be towed to the dealer. Good thing Audi roadside assistance covered the towing.

2 Likes

I’ll try again. What’s the worst that they can say?!

That’s what I was afraid of…the guy is a former neighbor, a good kid actually, who is trained on Audi. He was going to take it to his shop, assuming the dealer would let me do that, and do a full diagnostic on it and then give me his assessment. Buying something like this used without a warranty makes me nervous so I’m scratching it off the list.

1 Like

Sorry for confusing you guys. I’m starting to understand why I shouldn’t start multiple threads. Again, I apologize.

That’s the deal I offered and the “one price” dealer said that they were already offering a fair price, so they declined. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Then move on from that dealer if you don’t want to take their deal. TBH, I have not seen much info on '23 A6s. In general, anywhere from 8% + off MSRP on a non-EV Audi is pretty decent. I am not saying it makes for an overall good deal, but most folks are not buying/leasing sedans.

Good luck.

2 Likes

I sent this offer into another Audi dealer in the Twin Cities. I was mistaken, there are in fact 2 separate Audi dealers here which is good.

OFFER
Vehicle: 2023 Audi A6 Sedan
Trim: Premium Plus 45 TFSI quattro
VIN: WAUE3BF20PN079648
Stock Number: PN079648
MSRP: $65,555
Offer Price: $57,688

Incentives:
Customer Credit: $5,000
IBM Employee Discount: $750

Lease Details:
Lease Term: 42 months
Annual Mileage: 10,000 miles
Monthly Payment: $660
Including Depreciation: $524
Rent Charge: $61
Monthly Taxes (7%): $43
Due at Signing: $0 (Capitalize all payments for $0 drive off.)
Total Lease Cost: $27,535
Depreciation: $22,625
Rent Charge: $2,565
Taxes: $1,812
Non-Capitalized Costs: $495

Fees:
Acquisition Fee: $895
Dealer Fee: $200
Disposition Fee: $495

Tax Rate: 7%

(Money factor: 0.00073)

Now, my numbers might be a little off (ex: tax rate, as I’m learning), but they should be close.

Here’s the dealer’s response:

Welp…wasted my time.

1 Like

Why are you wasting your time with dealers in your area? Did you bother looking at broker deals in the Marketplace?

2 Likes

I’ve looked at all the deals, multiple times throughout the day. I also can’t find a listing of brokers, but one is emailing me about a Volvo. The problem is I need to move fast like today or tomorrow at the absolute latest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can filter brokers by brand and region.

2 Likes

ftr this is the 5th time in this thread OP was directed to Marketplace (albeit the first with the link).

keep in mind the broker doesn’t need to be in MN the car could be shipped from anywhere. AND: go rent a car until you sort this b/c sales people can smell your frustration and desperation. We’ve all been there, you blew a program month and now the programs have changed - deep breath and reset.

2 Likes

@mk1 - my advice still remains the same.

1 Like