Mercedes Benz GTS-AMG or Ghibli (Cali) NEW TO THIS!

Hey fellow experts,

I am new to this forum and I need some help on finding my first car lease/purchase.
This will be my first car, others were passed down from my father, so this should be interesting.

I am 27yrs old with a steady job and no GF so that means I got money to spend on a car! Haha I am looking at two cars. One is the Mercedes GTS-AMG (Dad not approved) the other is the Maserati Ghibli Q4 S (Dad approved). I am located in So-Cal (Zip: 90034). My commute to work is probably 6 miles round-trip. Probably won’t use my car to go to work because I don’t want my boss and co-workers to see. Just need a weekend car to spice up my life! My budget is under $1600.

I saw some interesting deals for both. As I stated I am new to this, so I am not sure about the RV/MV stuff, but here were the numbers given to me.

Mercedes GTS-AMG 2016:

Option 1:
48 Months 1k Monthly Milage Allowance
$5500 Down Payment
$1735 Monthly Payment (Including Tax)

Option 2:
36 Months 1k Monthly Milage Allowance
$7000 Down Payment
$1500 Monthly Payment (Including Tax)

Maserati Ghibli 2017:

36 Months 1.2k Monthly Milage Allowance
$1500 Down Payment
$550 Monthly Payment

Thanks in advance for the help!! I really appreciate it! If there are better deals or ideas please feel free to let me know! Open to suggestions!

1 Like

That pricing on the GTS is ridiculous, especially with the down payment. My advise is to save your money and don’t waste so much on a car, unless you’re already set (i.e. have your own house and a lot saved in the bank). Getting the Maserati and saving $1000/'month is the better option.

Also, if this is will be a weekend car, 12k/15k a month seems excessive, unless you plan to goto Vegas ALOT. :laughing:

1 Like

Welcome and Congratulations on stumbling upon to the Leasehackr community @Airrose23

First off- congrats on your decision to “spice up your life.” Given your car of choices, I would say spice is a bit of an understatement. Some of the members here would wonder what your goals are when picking between the cars: are you choosing based on which vehicle can save you money? or has more value? OR- are you trying to determine what the difference in expenses are after the negotiated deal?

I would also like to inform you- such posts are frowned upon and often left unanswered or trolled- so I highly recommend you first read everything on the following link:

Happy to help, feel free to ask questions and keep us posted on this exciting adventure!

1 Like

I’m just going to leave this here: 2017 F-type Base Coupe $418 a month $0 down

There is no such thing, but you are too young to know that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy it while you are still young. I say go with the Ghibli.

1 Like

Spice up life will lead to gf or gf’s hahaha

2 Likes

amg gts is a sexy car but that lease is def not sexy :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

haha- what for? The cars that OP inquires on are wayyy above the F-type pay grade!

1 Like

Save your money, get the Ghibli. Try to negotiate the $1,500 down away, pay the drive-offs (approx $2,500) and then $550/mo for the next 36 months.

Put the spare GTS money in an index fund or an ETF that you like. You will thank us later :slight_smile: Put the spare money in every month

After 3 years, go BUY a nice car (something that you will not need to return) like a Ferrari or a Lambo with the money you made investing.

1 Like

Mercedes AMG models lease HORRIBLY! I’d take the Maserati, looks like a good deal and 15k miles a year.

Its hard to beat that deal for the amount of “spice up” that u get

1 Like

First of all Thank you guys so much for all the tips and suggestions!!! I really appreciate it! Haha not much trolling only one or two but they were funny.

Do you guys know about any deals on the Ghibli Q4 S? I drove the Ghibli S and it was pretty smooth. I also drove my friend’s GTS and that power was insane. Haha But you guys are right that extra $1k a month can become something more if I invest it.

Really appreciate the input! Thanks again! Feels like a big family here!

LOL then I’d be broke and get my car repo’ed

You can leave. LOL I’m a Arsenal fan. Haha jk if I was British we’d be more rivals.

We have to wait on @vhooloo for more

Where did you get the ghibli deals from?
I want to lease a new ghibli as well if you can tell me where you got the deal from I would appreciate it

Accept my condolences.

Wouldn’t you just prefer Sanchez?

Prefer to whom? He’s a great player and I was surprised CFC did not go for him when he went to Arsenal.