Mercedes Benz GLC accident before vehicle being shipped

Hi guys ,

I just leased a Mercedes Benz GLC a few days ago and the vehicle remained in the dealer while waiting to be shipped and an accident happened ( pic attached ). They did not tell me until the vehicle was picked up and shipped by the company I hired and now The seller calls me and tells me what about the accident and promises they will cover the expenses of the repair in my closest Mercedes dealership once the vehicle arrived. What should I do about it ?

Cancel the contract

1 Like

Is that the door?

1 Like

Yes , it is !

The car is already being shipped across the country. It will be a big hassle but until what time do I have to cancel the contract ? They did not tell me that this problem happened until the car was shipped .

is it actually indented? did they tell you if it’s easy to close the door? is there gap between where the panels usually lineup? did they offer you a better deal? to fix it? etc. etc.

1 Like

They said that it was superficial and they thought it was caused by a raccoon. They said no problems with the door. They just offered to cover the cost of fixing it in my closest Mercedes Benz dealership

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:, a racoon. Man I have heard it all. Somebody scraped something against it,

while it’s possible I don’t think a racoon is gonna be climbing 4-5 feet in the air to scratch your door trim. There is a story there somewhere.

What’s even more laughable is they offered to only pay for it :expressionless::expressionless:.

I would throw a fit, and threaten to decline delivery of the vehicle and ask for an unwind straight from mb financial. They should come back to you with an offer shortly after that. I would shoot for maybe $20-$30 off monthly? they cover shipping? something of that nature for your inconvenience on top of them paying for it to be fixed and your loaner.

Also the fact that they didn’t tell you until after the shipper picked it up is a red flag.

7 Likes

The only way that was caused by a raccoon was someone swerving to avoid hitting one.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure once it was picked up by the shipping company, the car is considered delivered and the contract can’t be canceled by the leasee. If the dealer offers to fix it 100% and offers a loaner while it’s being fixed, I don’t see the big issue. Maybe ask for some small compensation, but I don’t see them offering much.

15 Likes

I see an issue, they knowingly shipped a damaged vehicle without asking the new owner first… shady business practice.

7 Likes

My job actually is the one that pays for the vehicle being shipped.

I agree with you they should have told me beforehand.

The dealer should have told the OP, but the OP should have had the deliver company inspect the vehicle first before loading it up as well. Once it’s picked up, it belongs to the OP.

6 Likes

depends on who arranged shipping though, if what you are saying is true then dealer knew once car was loaded up on the truck it was considered delivered.

but yeah if op handled shipping its on his end.

The real reason to be mad is transparency, you really buy the racoon story? these guys have cameras around the entire lot they know what happened 100%

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

who is the guy who sued on this forum again? I think op needs that lawyer

2 Likes

OP already stated he hired the shipping company.

1 Like

missed that, the racoon got me distracted!

2 Likes

They blamed the raccoon. I am kinda of pissed off right now. They hide this from me until the vehicle was shipped.

First time that I lease a vehicle and I think it will be the last time.