Mercedes Benz GLC accident before vehicle being shipped

Was hiding it the right move for the dealer? No. No it was not.
Is the dealer making it right for you? Yes. Yes they are.

Once it is fixed, you won’t even know that it happened. Personally, I would let it get fixed (and insist on a loaner) and then go on with life.

This could have happened with any car that you purchased and shipped. Leasing has nothing to do with it. Heck, you should be happy that you leased it because if the repair shows up on Carfax, you give 0 f**cks about any loss in value that comes along with it

8 Likes

I mean it could happen on a purchase too, can’t really blame leasing for this one… it’s just carelessness on the dealers part.

you can ask for a few bucks off monthly but if it’s cosmetic at the end of the day it’s gonna be sanded and repainted most likely, not sure what the trim is actually made or comprised of but it’s light work for a bodyshop.

2 Likes

As @BoardWalkNJ stated, you should be happy it happened on a leased vehicle rather than a purchased one.

7 Likes

Agreed. I would still get huffy especially if the dealer shipped it for you. I’d want it shipped directly to a local MB dealer and fixed, and they should cover a loaner/rental from the time it gets to your MB until pickup.

My line would be something like “I lease to not deal with aggravation and you knowingly inflicted some on me, and you need to make it right if you don’t want 0s on your CSI.”

That is some BS. Sorry you’re dealing with it.

3 Likes

This. Is. Why. I. Lease. Why would I get married when we meet when I can date for 36 months first?

9 Likes

I don’t see the big deal. Looks like a scratch. If they’re covering the cost of repair and a rental while it’s at the dealer, what’s there to whine about? It’s not gonna affect your resale, it’s a lease. With a dealer repair, you’re sure to pass lease return inspection. I wouldn’t make a big deal about it.

6 Likes

I’m not a zoologist but I’ve met some trash :panda_face: in my day: that was not a raccoon. Unless their careless lot attendant sucking on a weed pen is nicknamed Raccoon.

8 Likes

Lol.This is a good one. Now I realized that after the first date everything went downhill.

1 Like

If the dealer admits it was like that, and you want to get a little huffy, you could also go straight to MBFS and insist on a collateral exchange. If it’s my first MB lease (forget first lease) I’d be less concerned about shaving the payment, I’d want to feel good about it.

They probably won’t but they may cover your maintenance for the term since MB leases don’t include maintenance. Just a thought.

I already paid for the maintenance in advanced. How can I talk directly with MBFS? Maybe they can include the tires/ scratch insurance ?

I got the phone number. Will call them.

1 Like

Are you in a state where you can cancel it? If so you should anyway. What other goodies did you buy in the box?

You want them to make up for a tangible damage with a policy you hope not to use?

If you get a free hat and an insulated travel mug you’re doing well. This is really not an issue if they’re gonna fix it. You should be glad this is your first lease. You don’t have to deal with the fallout later.

:bat:

2 Likes

This problem happened in Florida. The car is already on transit.

1 Like

No other goddies. Just bought the maintenance in advanced.

Got you so in other words. I am good and I should just make sure they cover the repair and the loaner and close the chapter.

1 Like

Easier to say than do, but yes. It’s not your car. Don’t get attached to things you rent.

3 Likes

It being in transit has nothing to do if products you bought are cancellable. Usually warranty/maintenance has 30 days.

Ohh, I did not know that. Good point.If circumstances were different I would consider that. At this point I will not because it will be even a bigger inconvenience that repair it.

:popcorn:

:bat:

1 Like