Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 2

There are still looots of 2023 EQS’s sitting pretty on dealer lots as 2024 inventory ramped by up like crazy too. So there’s still a month or so to catch an exceptional deal.
And honestly, the only reason I’d consider EQS for wife, is for very low cost of lease, considering MSRP, tech, ride quality, safety, etc. Otherwise, she isn’t even big fan of it.

1 Like

Wait till the last week of this month because lease support for 23’s are ending.

1 Like

With flaky charging options for non teslas, the most you can do is 150 or so miles one way if you want to expand your choice with dealers

Yeah, I`m not rushing. Just getting wife’s Cayenne GTS ready to sell before end of the month just doing legwork meanwhile

After driving a Cayenne GTS is she ok with a 450+?

1 Like

We have Solar system with battery backup on our House, large enough system to pay $0 for electricity even with home charging. She only commutes like 25-30 miles tops per day and EQS is rated at almost 400 mile range at full charge, so even if it gets 300-320 miles per charge, we wont have to charge too often. Definitely not going to use it for long road trips, don’t want to spend double time due to charging times to get to destination

Funny enough, she was never a fan of Cayenne GTS. I bought it for her because she wanted 911 Targa S and we had one on order, but we had found out she was pregnant before her 911 got shipped to dealer, so 911 was out of picture right away, yet still wanted her to have a joy of driving a Porsche and Cayenne GTS seemed like a good alternative.
I leased for her Tesla Model Y Performance before Cayenne and it had so many issues, it was a nightmare and got bought back. Got her Genesis GV60 Performance right after and she loved that car, but guess what? It also had electrical issues, dealer couldnt fix, so they bought back. After that, I didnt want to give third shot to EV’s, but I think at this point, Car manufacturers have more or less “dialed in” EV thing.

She hasnt driven nor seen EQS in person yet, but she does love Mercedes. She Had SLK and SL55 before and she loved it, so I’m assuming, she wont hate this either :joy:

Umm no, you can always ship them if the deal is good enough.

1 Like

That’s also true. But in general, I do prefer to establish relationship with local business/dealer in this case for future service visits, etc.

For lease? Why? Anything goes wrong should be fix under warranty. The only downside, they may not give you a loaner.

1 Like

Trust me, it can benefit you a LOT if you have solid relationship with Sales mgr, General manager, etc. If and WHEN things go south, GM/GSM/SM can get you in a beautiful loaner car of your choice (pretty much) in a matter of minutes, vs service department mumbling, how sorry they are that “all the loaners are out and they’ll reimburse your uber expenses”.
And also doesn’t hurt getting help when you want to schedule maintenance or service visit and instead of holding for service availability and scheduling in 2026, you’ll get a pass in frontline. I know it wont sound fair, but thats the reality

2 Likes

Just took a few boxes of donuts brought in by my wife and the service writers brush away the intake people saying ”you can’t just come in here without an appointment” saying “oh, no, they can.”

You’re not willing to stop for 30 minutes every 400 miles to charge? That’s over 6 hours of continuous driving. Not sure how your “double-time” math works. I love road-tripping in my EVs, with free charging it’s a money saver.

2 Likes

Everyone who purchases a full blown AMG new gets this offer. You get free admission to the 1 day school. AMG lite models (i.e. C43, GT 53/43, CLE53, etc.) get a 50% discount to the 1 day school.

Do you get a 1% discount if you get a AMG GLA 35? The litest of all the lites @li8625 wouldn’t even want this.

Eqe/eqs Amg is considered 53 in Europe though, but I guess they don’t have 63 version for it now.

If I’m matching correctly with current incentives/rebates, on the 23
450 with a $124k MSRP, you need a discount in the low 30s% to get to $500 a month. Not saying someone out there doesn’t pull it off, but that’s not a realistic expectation to set.

1 Like

I actually thing it’s realistic given their alternative.
The car is sitting and costs them money.

2 Likes

It’s not realistic for 2023 model during june - december 2023 (even then, some did score that deal), however we are talking about 2023 model in July 2024. That MB lease support will not last forever. The dealers are on borrowed time to unload them.

No hacks = no sales :cry:

1 Like