Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 2

Check this out

1 Like

Yes, wait for the 2024 blowout on march 2025 :grin:

Free mod/hack for you EQS fans.

Just park your EQS for a few months and it’ll eventually get a free suspension drop mod. Free upgrade to cruise the streets in style.

2 Likes

Is that in a dealer back lot?

Oh cool, must be the latest Carolina Squat OTA

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s the dealer’s front lot. Right by the handicap parking.

1 Like

EQS is the new donk and bubble.

Jelly bean > bubble.

Well it’s one way to advertise that the unit is well aged, plus the dusty windows…

When the EQS came out there was a unit decorated with some baby blue “do you dream in electric” vinyl wrap livery. It was supposed to herald some next generation electrical future.

I think this is the same car, just without the livery. It literally occupies the same parking spot.

It is a metaphor to this EV junk pipe dream. The cars are just destined to be lot rot turds. Enjoy your cheap rides now, but owning one of these is foolish.

Tagging @z0lt3c hehehe

Well, we won’t agree on that, but the EQS specifically is a stupid, half-baked car.

Just got an email from mercedes for free performance driving class at race track normally priced at $2k for my AMG eqe lease. Actually this is pretty awesome.

3 Likes

Local Dealers in VA act like EQS is selling like hot cakes and won’t give any discount on MSRP’s…only way EQS sells is Mercedes sells it direct to consumers with % off MSRP. Dealers suck

1 Like

Expand your range and be willing to drive/fly to pick up your deal.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Too many too good of an options out there for leasing and I can’t make up my mind. Need 2 commuters for wife and myself preferably one large EV for myself and one midsize for wifey. Anyhow… just got an offer on 2023 demo EQS450 4Matic from local dealer
Car is pretty much fully loaded sitting at $125k+ MSRP.
Terms are as follows:
24 month lease
7500 miles per year (enough miles for wifey since she doesn’t commute much)
$10k DAS
$6k refundable deposit (to lower Residual)
$545 per month inc. Tax for Los Angeles, CA

Only weird thing is, I requested to see deal sheet and they’re very much refusing to send me :joy: I’ve spent over 12 years Running multiple large dealer groups and never have I told customer “can’t really show you how we got to the payments”.
Lease numbers make sense, considering MSRP, considering EQS-s aren’t hot, so they’re sitting on dealer lots and are heavily discounted, rebates are solid (plus I qualified for extra $2500 Amex rebate), but in my long career in automotive business, neither myself or my team have refused to give customer Lease breakdown, so I’m thinking to pass on it. I’d rather give my business to someone who’s more transparent.

What are your thoughts on above numbers considering everything?

Oh, and I really really don’t like black on black cars :man_facepalming:t2:
(Attaching window sticker below)

Too expensive for 2023 loaner. You should aim for $0DAS $500-600 monthly.

1 Like

Well… Reason I washed for break down is to see how the math works on this. According to that I will know exactly where deal stands and what the opportunities are. They’re not even telling me MF, sales manager just told me “it’s less, since you’re putting $6k down”. I was like
How much less? He goes: “it’s not Apr so it doesn’t matter”.
I didn’t feel like telling him I managed sales manager for a decade, but I did ask them from start that I know a thing or two about Automotive world and leasing and to be transparent with numbers, but well… Some dealers are stuck in 1977 :joy:

This sounds like they are just doing a poor job of communicating that MSD deposits are a portion of the total due at signing.

Multiply it by 2400 and suddenly it will matter then?

1 Like

People are getting 2023 EQS cheaper than that. The problem is the dealers who want to get rid of their 2023 EQS, most likely has done it right now. You’re dealing with those who wants to hold the bags.

2 Likes

Well, I know how to calculate, they’re just being old school shady dealer telling me not to worry about it because it’s ONLY 0.0xxx% :joy:
Anyhow, I’ll move on hit up another Benz dealer if they won’t send me deal sheet today