Mercedes-Benz EQS 450+ for $575+tax

Talked to GM at one dealer for 5 mins - his offer on base sedan was 2.5DAS and $800 monthly before tax. Politely declined.

Was that their first offer?

Yes. I spent about 5 mins on the phone, started with pre-incentive discount and rebates. I asked him to call me back if there is additional lease support or they are willing to move.

What’s your target monthly and DAS? Just curious.

EDIT: I am not looking to jump on the EQS train anytime soon.

.targeting 2.5K DAS and 600+tax monthly with max MSDs. Id probably accept mid 600s

This is just my POV… everyone needs to ease off and stop looking for “unicorns”. Obviously dealers are now holding the line. There is interest, and there are people that will pay for it and dealers have little intention of scraping the bottom of the barrel unless they absolutely have to (for only reasons they know). These “loss leaders” are not in line for group deals, volume purchases or hand-holding (if you’re coming to LH and asking questions about how to compose the email, text or talk; how the rebates stack up or don’t; what’s max MF; when did this start; etc., this hunt may not be the one for first-timers).

If you are unable to find these deals and have trouble with them, spend time on LH and you’ll know why. You get the feel for these things after some time… good luck with the hunt everyone!

12 Likes

Exactly. I had one dealer call me saying are you from leasehackr. They all know about it and they know whats going on. Gravy train is about to run out. Not that it has, just that it will evetually. Focus on what you can do, perhaps take a good enough deal.

I’ll share a couple of negotiated deals on a new thread shortly

3 Likes

Confirmed 20k off + incentives. Still talking numbers, will post EoD

2 Likes

What is that $20K as a percentage of MSRP? Or is it a flat dollar amount discount regardless of MSRP? I am only asking because my dealer seems ok with that $20k number too before the public incentives but reluctant to discount further.

To everyone who asked for the dealer, not going to give that out anymore.

You’re all insane & to be frank a little lazy. If you have a decent deal, take it and run. Everyone calling the entire country looking for the absolute rock bottom deal pointing to “i heard” and “look at this forum” is ruining the entire thing. Dealers know there’s interest and are willing to let it go what they perceive to now be fair. If you don’t know how to properly negotiate, or don’t understand the numbers you’re not going to get there.

It honestly took me 45 minutes to find a dealer while calling around, it wasn’t much research at all.

And let’s be real. If you’re trying to get this car and the unicorn deals are at the top end of your price range. They are all salespeople, they know who can really do it, and get it done now. Nobody’s gonna play hard to get with you.

Yall asking basic “how much off is that” questions. You literally have a calculator in your phone, do the math. If you can’t do that there is literally no way you’re getting anywhere close to these numbers. Lazy.

13 Likes

Also, make sure you actually really want the car and will pull the trigger before you negotiate a deal!
It’s easy to get caught up in the deal-hunting madness. At the end of the day it’s still a $20k+ commitment over 3 years, and options to terminate a lease early aren’t nearly as attractive or easy as they were before.

2 Likes

Exactly - if you don’t have a job tomorrow, your commitment is still $20k over xxx years. MBFS does not allow lease transfers and there will almost be no equity in these things. Hope everyone that is shopping is aware of that… exit strategy - lease hacking 101 :joy:

3 Likes

Ahem… 2 years. :slight_smile:

I echo you both. Plus I went to the dealer to check one out for kicks. I’d chase one for 600-650 (if I could get out of my upside down tesla) but not much more. Aside from being ugly outside, it really doesn’t feel like a 110k+ car inside. My old E classes (2017 and 2019) felt more special inside than the EQS. Not often do you truly feel a car is overpriced (aka teslas pre price cut) but this is definitely one of them. I feel people are chasing these because “S class” for dirt cheap. But it’s cheap for a reason. Mercedes really missed with this one!

3 Likes

Not to mention performance. This is supposed to be low performance one motor, but still

1 Like

Concur. Low performance. Rear seats, wow those are garbage. No one-pedal. etc.
Shop around only if you want it. Dont shop the deal for the sake of the deal

2 Likes

Less than a year ago it was sticker at best so in their mind, they are.

This!! I couldn’t agree more! All of these people trying to get one for $500 are ridiculous. You need to understand how a lease works and the numbers! Stop talking to dealers about LH and showing screenshots! It’s frankly ridiculous.

5 Likes

This guy…
Real Estate Horse GIF by Domino Recording Co.

Left this already I think…

daytime barn GIF by South Park

7 Likes

Right. They feel like it compared to last year but they aren’t.

I call BS.
You may have had an easy time of it, but I’ve been in contact with a bunch of dealers, and none of them have been even remotely willing to play ball. All of them giving ridiculous quotes.
If people message you it’s because most dealers are scum and they’re trying to find someone reasonable…

1 Like