Maserati Levante Demo 5000miles

the world is beautiful because there is variety.

Mario needs Maserati. Simple. Enjoy!

5 Likes

In pa, you’re limited to 389/394 doc fee.

Look, nothing I or anyone else can say can sway your opinion. Enjoy the Maserati.

:chocolate_bar:

When the Maserati hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that’s amore
When the wheels seems to shine like
You’ve had too much wine, that’s amore…

10 Likes

amore and patriotism.

i;m in U.S. for business since 2015 but i grew up in italy 10mins far away from ferrari enjoying the sound of f1 from my backyard, 20 from maserati, 20 from pagani, 30 from lamboghini, ducati, detomaso and bugatti, 40 from dallara.

what else i’m missing?

2 Likes

Does this Levante have the Ferrari 3.8L V8 which is as Italian as you are, or the Pentastar 2.9L V6 turbo which is as Italian as I am (I can speak with an accent when I’m drinking and I have relatives who live in Italy, I guess)

Honestly people can knock this car/deal but there really aren’t any interesting cars that are leasing well these days.

It’s not nearly as offensive as the Ghibli…

Can attest also had an sq4 gransport for 3 years. Biggest regret of my life. Have an m5c now and couldn’t be happier driving it

2 Likes

what m5c is?

what happened with your sq4 and what’s the year? thx

I can totally understand.

You have the car you want- dissect the fees a little more to make sure you aren’t being overcharged.

The goal here is to get the car you want at the best possible price to you. There will be some suggestions for a different vehicle, but if you’re set on it, make sure it’s as good as it can be and pull the trigger.

That was such an entertaining review. I just love that he said he’d rather have a Nissan Altima over the Ghibli.

At the end of the day, the Maserati brand just doesn’t have much personality outside of being cheap, off-the-shelf engineering which is terribly disappointing. But they built so much brand recognition a few decades ago that clearly there’s still some kind of allure where people are willing to overlook the flaws to get the badge. Sometimes that’s all you need to drive sales.

2 Likes

i m not nerd on engine, if wanted a ferrari engine i would buy a ferrari and i’m fine eating authentic italian linguine alfredo even so alfredo doesn’t even know where italy is.

Get the Alfa Romeo SUV, then. Stelvio Quadrifoglio is a better “value” at least. And it has a four-leaf clover badge on the side. It’s no Maserati (in bad accent) trident but you don’t get more personality than that!

i don’t like the Stelvio and the four-leaf will not be enough to give more good luck than with the trident.

2 Likes

Okay so coming back to the main question, it’s not a great deal. Sure it’s a Maserati but you can do better. Start with asking dealerships around you and then set your own personal target on what you want to pay for the car. I don’t think other suggestions are working and you’re pretty set on the car you want which is fair as you’re the one paying for it.

It’s kind of hard to say what a good deal is on the Levante. It isn’t a popular car and the residual is poor, so it’s not going to lease well unless you get a ridiculous discount.

That said, nobody wants these things, which could work to OP’s advantage. It may be possible to find a unicorn if you can find a dealer who just wants to get rid of one that’s been sitting for a year. Sometimes you just need to find a car that doesn’t sell well and a dealer willing to do anything to get rid of it.

In short, $1,000/mo for this particular car is dreadful, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is actually competitive. We just don’t have a lot of data points since nobody buys them. Obviously OP should shop this quote and see what he can get. Maybe there’s a unicorn Levante out there with a 25% discount just waiting for someone desperate enough to buy it. Buying an undesirable car (like the Hyundai Genesis was back in 2016) could totally work to your advantage. Maserati have had to slash prices because they just simply can’t get anyone to buy these things (abysmal sales year over year the last decade or so). We may see some good hacks in the coming years (unless they pull the plug first)

3 Likes

Gave it back in a hurry. BMW m5 comp

1 Like

CarGurus shows a new one in Sterling, VA, that’s been on the lot for 768 days.

Is there still lease support on 2019s?

2 Likes

i asked for a new 2019 demo somewhere else and they said that there is not a program for leasing 2019.

I was joking with the question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Perhaps they’d cut a deal on a purchase. They have to be sick of looking at it by now.

Don’t make a grown man cry

3 Likes