Anyone having difficulty returning their leases?

Same. I dropped mine off yesterday and I was a little pissed because they wouldn’t inspect the vehicle. I better not get a huge $$ bill from some random stuff after this is over.

I’m supposed to be returning my Giulia in a month and I’m honestly freaking out a little bit.

The tires are pretty borderline, even though the car only has 12k miles on it. And there’s some extremely small chips/impressions in the paint from lightly backing into a brick wall. Thinking of filling them with touch up paint and blending it. Probably wouldn’t notice them unless you actually looked for them. But eh.

Feel like I’m going to get boned without an inspection.

1 Like

Who was the lessor or bank?

Chase Bank

Chase leases come with $1000 damage waiver.

1 Like

I always choke up seeing a Maserati in its native habitat: perched on a flat-bed.

7 Likes

I was one of the first guys here on the forum back in the day (hi @max_g) with the $488/mo $0 down Ghibli’s but it’s time it went back. Need to get into another lease in a month or so – or when we can all drive again. My family doesn’t like my new used “small car”

3 Likes

Called BMW - was on hold for 60 mins to find out what’s going to happen after the 30 days “free” plus tags and insurance period

They’ve started offering the regular lease extension at the usual monthly rate (whoopee /s) or, …secret option B…

Apparently, after calling and waiting 60 minutes specifically to get this information, they are not able to even hint at what option B entailed, and someone will call within 3 -5 business days to discuss my options.

Anyone else in SoCal region know what the other options will be (aside from buy out)?

Better late than never from your AG. Not sure if it’s still an issue but this letter might prod the finance arms to be a little more cooperative.

3 Likes

Just got my inspection done today for my Alfa Romeo Stelvio. Report came back clean all zero no damage, thank god because not planning to re lease with crystal capital. I always keep my lease cars in good shape anyways. Now just hope any FCA dealer takes the car back I really don’t want to drop it off to the original dealer since it’s like 35 min away from me, when I can just drop it off to a local one that’s 7 minutes away from me lol

Who’s the lease with? Is it with Chrysler Capital? I just got mine done today they use a company called SGS. My Stelvio had chips on the hood also dent ding on the driver side that was an inch long. I was free of any damages since the car is in good shape, but I was freaking out over the paint chips too I guess they overlook that.

Mine is due back today but they couldn’t get me in for inspection till 28th with a company called AiM…

I had SGS for my Acura before.

I was able to drop my off at originating dealer w/o inspection on 5/14 because my scheduled inspection was in June (so annoying). Hilariously, using the same inspection company, the dealer was able get an inspection on 5/15. Ended up being totally fine and I’m glad that the return worked out. Good luck to y’all.

1 Like

Looks like the lates fees is not waived for PNO, atleast I dont see it online, did the DMV guys asked you to send the payment via mail without including the late fees?

yes exactly - they told me by phone that the fee was waived and to just send in a check for $22 with the notice of delinquent registration. i don’t know if this worked as the dealership opened up a few days after i mailed in the check and so the car was probably returned before the DMV processed it. i did file a release of liability on the website immediately after coming home from dropping the car off.

i guess the next step is that GM sends me a bill for the wear and tear not covered by the XS wear policy, and i guess the lease return fee. however, i assume i’m done with the DMV at this point.

edit: DMV cashed the check yesterday so at least there’s that. also i got a letter from GM financial stating they received the car; it was dated the day that i dropped off the car.

1 Like

I paid for wear-and-tear (some $1200, while my deductible is $500) out of my pocket some 6 months ago for my lease. Never occurred to me that I could use my insurance for it. Why did I never think of it! :neutral_face: Do I still have a chance, anyone know?

One of my lease ends in roughly 30 days and I have not received any letter for inspection. Don’t you usually get inspection letter stating who to call some 1-2 months before the lease end date. I do not want to keep the car and pay extra $500 for registration.

Best bet is to call the lessor and ask. Inspections have been weird with covid going on

The deductible is from Chase (Maserati Capital), the bank that owns the lease - somebody here said it was standard but the deductible is NOT from my auto insurance. I guess it depends on the bank … I don’t remember any type of deductible from the leasing company/bank when I returned by Boxster back in the early 2000’s (don’t remember the bank … WF most likely)

Call the bank … after being on hold for hours, Chase (Maserati Capital) “remarketing” basically told me to just schedule for a pickup and inspection will happen later. The dealer did not have space for a dropoff, the inspection companies are not going around and the only option was for a flatbed to come and pick up the vehicle. For my case, I was already on a 6-month extension (after 36 months) which means pay for registration, pay for $30k service, pay for 4 new tires, pay for brake job (Maserati front brakes are about 12k miles and they need to get replaced) – you do NOT want to do this

2 Likes