Maserati Ghibli S, $598/mo, $0 Down, 36/10k, $88k MSRP

Seaside Maserati
Check their website’s new inventory , there are leftover 18s for 50% off

Is this Seaside CA? Monterey Pebble Beach? They show 5 models only, all 2019.

1 Like

Link please. I’d like to buy them all.

Maybe our local guys can take another $20k off.

https://www.maseratiofalbany.com/new-vehicles/#action=im_ajax_call&perform=get_results&year[]=2018&page=1

1 Like

Yeah, but there’s something about a Maserati that an M550 doesn’t offer. I just got an F-Type during the December partner’s program and I’ll be the first to say that it’s a somewhat flawed car and that there are tons of other options out there for the $600 range that are: 1) Faster; 2) More luxurious; 3) More Spacious; etc… yet I still went with the Jag because of the way it sounds and looks. I’ve driven an M550i on track at PBIR through one of the BMW M Track days. Incredibly capable car, extremely luxurious and overall a lovely vehicle; it would spank a Ghibli S on track and with regards to refinement. That said, an M550i doesn’t stir the soul in the same way that a Ghibli would. There’s a reason all these aftermarket burble tunes are selling well among BMW buyers lol

I test drove an sq4 last year and found it to be a worse drive than a 540, let alone a 550. It sounds great, but it’s heavy, unresponsive and lacks steering feel.

I’m still waiting on that link for half off new Maseratis. :crazy_face:

I have a Ghibli at $587 a month, $82,000 MSRP.

I just got a m550i. It’s an adjustment period but the car is better. I got tired of my soul being stirred to the cost of $4000 for tires/brakes/rotors/oil changes last year, and $2300 for a windshield. The product, while fun and engaging, is terribly overpriced in terms of maintenance and a tight control makes sure you pay beyond unreasonable costs for OEM wear items.

The windshield is still waiting to get fixed, a week in, and no parts to be found. It’s sitting in a warehouse. Unreal. Insurance laughed at it being taken to the Maserati dealership.

This is why the brand’s sales are dumping, and people go to the brand once and leave.They cannot provide the same level of service/reliability the Germans do on leases. You lease the car - that’s it. You lease a Maserati, and it’s nickle and dime.

I liked the car; it had a lot of warts, but I can’t justify the money on the product for a second round.

7 Likes

That’s sad that our forum has come down to this… one of our earlier days deal was a Maserati Ghibli posted by me- and one of the first trusted hackrs took thag deal. Our first meetup in OC that same Ghibli showed up.

I think all car people can freely express their opinion but honestly we should not be hating on one another’s preferences. This isn’t politics and honestly the same decency should be applied.

Good deal- enjoy the ride!

5 Likes

There is nothing sad about it. As someone still learning about the brand, I have found the first-hand information provided here to be very helpful.

I meant on the terms of that a fellow member feels fearful or ashamed of the car preference.

Oh ok :+1:t2:

Well, which is it? It cost you $2300 or insurance is paying? And what all did the $4k actually involve?

Plenty of brake options (pads and rotors) on rockauto for the Ghibli, for no more $ than any other vehicle. Tires, of course, are not proprietary, either. What you need to do is stop taking your cars to dealership service depts if you want reasonable repair and maintenance costs.

1 Like

I’ve gone from a 14 Ghib, to a 17 Quattro and now a 19 Levante as my daily drivers and haven’t had problems with any of them. However, I only drive about 6k mi/ yr.

That maintenance bill sounds…hefty. I’ll be honest, there’s nothing on that list that you couldn’t do yourself or take to a generic shop to do at a fraction of that price. I also hate to be that guy, but since Maserati isn’t providing me with free oil, by law I can technically take it wherever I want. Since it’s not my car (beauty of a lease lol) then that thing is going to Jiffy Lube if the dealer wants me to pay an absurd amount for oil. As for the windshield, I live in FL where the state mandates that I get 1 free windshield per year without deductible.

I do want to clarify: I’m a huge BMW diehard fan. My first car was a 6MT E90 328i and we’ve owned over 10+ between myself, mother, sister and father in the last 2 decades. The M550 will shit all over the Ghibli in every single category except for character. The M550i is an incredible car that prioritized function over fun; there’s nothing wrong with that and many people prefer it that way. For the 1% that wants a little more character and is willing to accept the flaws, the Ghibli is a fine automobile. We’ve had 2 in the family and I’m considering swapping my mother from her F-Type Convertible into a Ghibli S since she’s requested more practicality while also maintaining the pops/bangs and overall character that she gets with her Jag. As far as new cars are concerned, I can’t find anything that would fit those needs while staying under $800.

1 Like

this deal deserves its praise because I’ve had no luck pulling this off in the northeast.
the service issues are a totally different issue, but that’s expected if you’re driving a maserati.

2 Likes

On my 2017 SQ4 over three years total maintenance and repair was: $1,500 prepaid maintenance, $1,500 brakes, and $1,500 tires; for a total of $4,500.00. The hidden costs of leasing the trident.

Funny you should mention windshield. This just happened to me:

Insurance says it will cost me $500 to replace, but I can’t blame Maserati for that rock getting kicked up on the road.

You know that you are a moderator and can do something about it? :slight_smile:

There’s a balance between freedom of speech and hate crimes. Especially as a Californian I cannot do much when the hate crime is disguised as a freedom of speech. Sadly that’s the society we live in nowadays.

1 Like

You can still use your judgement