Maserati Ghibli S, $598/mo, $0 Down, 36/10k, $88k MSRP

No need to censor anyone, it is just that I have been following Maserati threads for the past several years and the same forum members (who clearly have no interest in hacking a Maserati lease) keep showing up in each and every Maserati thread to bash the brand. Not a capital offense, just not how I would use my time on line.

3 Likes

at least one mod realizes the brand haters/ condescending attitude on the threads.

This forum is filled with brand loyalists and “deal loyalists,” go look at every pickup truck thread… all you see is tundra and tacoma being thrown around when people are asking for evaluation on ram, f150, and sierra/silverado deals. Same thing as on this thread, the guy likes the ghibli stop bringing up the m550 he clearly doesn’t want one.

5 Likes

Heavy, unresponsive and lacks steering feel? Sounds just like my Jag lol. On a serious note, I wasn’t expecting a sports car. FWIW, I have driven both a Ghibli and an M550i. While the M550i is faster and has higher overall limits, the smaller footprint of the Ghibli is noticeable.

Insurance deductible for windshield is $1000. Part is ~2000-2300ish.

The brakes/rotors were 1800-ish, oil change + filters was $900, tires (pzero super sports) were $1400sh. Staggered tires cannot be rotated and the weight of the car wears them fast. They also wear on the insides due to the alignment (from what I know). This is all off the top of my head. I didn’t buy the maintenance package. lol.

Tommy and I had similar experiences. Not saying the Ghibli is a bad car. I enjoyed mine, just didn’t get another.

All jag sedans with v6s that I have driven have driven pretty nice. They had other issues that i didn’t like.

1 Like

I haven’t driven either car, but the Ghibli isn’t smaller is any dimension, except for height (by < 1 in). The Ghibli is longer and equally wide (subtracting the mirrors, a few inches wider, actually).

People will hate whatever you have, my wife loves them, she’s on her second Ghibli and will be getting a GT next. For her it makes her feel special and that’s all that matters, not my cup of tea but if we all liked the same thing we would all be driving the same cars.

2 Likes

If my eyes don’t deceive me, then you yourself have excellent taste. MK7.5 Golf R in the reflection?

1 Like

Color and wheels - does look like a Golf R!