Maserati Ghibli S, $598/mo, $0 Down, 36/10k, $88k MSRP

You obviously have zero clue of which you speak. Here is what my '08 T&C looked like.

Thatā€™s just reinforces my point.

12 Likes

Looks like a ferrari, bently, and 747, too. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Dealer in San Diego has few 2018 Ghibli S still on their lotā€¦$85-90k msrp marked down to $42-45k. I would have just purchased that but congrats, they look good, not sure I can say the same about the fit/finish/quality especially on the inside

2 Likes

Technically the dollar value residual isnā€™t affected (itā€™s worth what itā€™s worth in 3 years), and the percentage would be higher. But it all depends on how Maserati subvents the residual. If they keep the percent the same (effectively reducing residual subvention), then only would this have an adverse impact on lease. But all of this is apropo of nothing as the larger factor is the discount up front and the lease/dealer cash.

ei

Are you saying a 550i is cheaper than the Maserati at 88k MSRP (very true) or that a 36/10 lease on a new 550i can be had for less that $600/mo (doubtful). The actual sales price on this Maserati was $62k which is more like 540i territory with which the Ghibli S compares very favorably, and is much better looking to boot.

The $61,890.00 was the sales price with all incentives and discounts. I was working from an internet advertisement that they claimed had a typo. So, I had to haggle from $791/mo. (with maintenance) down to $701/mo (with maintenance).

The price of the maintenance package is ridiculous. In 2017, I paid $1500. They claim the price is now $2400. That is absurd. Itā€™s basically two oil changes and a filter or two. It does NOT include brakes. (On my 2017, brakes cost me an additional $1,500) I haggled them down on the maintenance package to $1,700 for this deal. However, on the final paperwork it appears they shifted some money around ā€“ they lowered the cost of the car even more and increased the price of the maintenance back up to $2,400. Since it didnā€™t change what I was paying, I didnā€™t mind. Maybe they get a better commission on the service contract, who knowsā€¦

The lease rates are good on these cars because of the inflated MSRP and the huge discounts. I do not know but just suspect that the new pricing regiment is going to adjust both MSRP and residuals and the lease deals are going to go bye bye. Maserati is revamping their line-up to be more upscale and their effort to increase volume with bargain basement leases was considered by some to be a failure and only served to debase the brand.

I reckon this was already done when teaming up with Chrysler. Hard to debase anything below that level.

:bat:

2 Likes

I have a customer who owns a small collection of cars (Ferrari, Aston Martins, Mercedes, etc.) and was a huge Maserati fan until they botched the Ghibli. Told me he sold every Maserati he had since the brand was devalued so much.

2 Likes

As one of those people

Congratulations! I wish you the same good luck with this Ghibli that you had with the prior one. They are gorgeous and fun to drive, my only shade is their usual unreliability.

3 Likes

Love maserati. Took over a lease on 2014 qp with 24 months left. Got a 2017 qp for a single payment lease of $43,000 36/12k. Liked it so much was about to return the 2017 and get 36/12 on a 2020ā€¦

Then i saw a used 2017 QP with 8k miles on it on sale for 48k in the color combo i wanted(msrp 118). Figured a lease would still run me about 45k so was a no brainer to buy the low mileage qp.

Bottom line is i have gotten to drive three qps over the past five years and spent as much money as one would have cost. This last one im going to keep driving till it dies (never selling it).

All im saying is that the resale market horribly undervalues these cars, which works for me! Wish other things could be so undervaluedā€¦

1 Like

Right now Maser leases something like 3/4ths of what they sell. So they wonā€™t kill the lease deals altogether but perhaps theyā€™ll scale back how much theyā€™re giving away.

43000 one pay? Thatā€™s horrible dudeā€¦editā€¦ misread thought you said ghibliā€¦

1 Like

Said everyone at some point, never to follow through :wink:

1 Like

Arguably easier to accomplish with a Maser than a Hyundai.

Maybe not with the repair bills

Donde esta?

qp > ghibli

3 Likes

By an order of magnitude

I do not consider the 43k single pay ā€œhackā€ worthy even for a qp, but it was back in 2017 before i knew about this site. It was decent and i got to enjoy the car so i feel i got my moneys worth.

I still have my 2008 r series mercedes with 120k on it, so that is the first car im never selling. But who knows?

I dont like dealing with dealerships unless i have to(lesson i learned from the r series mercedes). I can usually find a mechanic or body shop though i have to be patient. Havent had any big mechanical issues with any of the qps and have been able to deal with minor issues; so maintenance hasnt been a big problem.