Marketplace filled with non-deal "deals"

rates are going to be higher 6-12 months down the road.

5 Likes

Yes, but how long is the govt going to pay 900B+ in debt service?

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

8 Likes

We will pay forever. Just give us our cheap car leases back and we’ll shut up.

4 Likes

Wager?

that the fed funds target rate will be higher than 2.25-250 in 6 months?? there’s probably another 75bps bump in september, and then maybe 25-50bps bumps in october and november. the fed is forecasting a 3.25-3.50 target by year end. it’s not much of a wager.

2 Likes

or ship through them…

2 Likes

The Fed forecast? They have been burned so badly in the past that they don’t even believe their own inflation forecasts anymore… So I’m not sure if that’s an authoritative source of information that you want to reference

“Most of us are researchers that will turn over rocks to find the best deal”. OMG. This!!!
I love this site….I found my tribe❣️

2 Likes

Discount off msrp isn’t useless.

With it we can easily compute the MF they are using.

With MF and discount hidden - it’s a blind mess.

Mandatory MSRP % discount would be a wonderful addition

Mandatory MF would be cherry on top

5 Likes

ADM? I think that’s unnecessary add ons or redundant ones but if I’m missing something correct please. Still newbie. Thanks

Do you mean the general public? Curious, thought you guys had access to all that with trim etc and a little leg work on the other forum, name slips my mind at the moment?

ADM means, just add ons with no product behind it.

BTW Most Dealers are double teaming ADM with AddOns…it sucks.

1 Like

ADM = additional dealer markup

Add-ons = Largely useless products that a dealer adds to the deal. The quintessential add-on joke product is “undercoating” but these days it’s “paint protection” or “fabric protector” products.

Personally I love it when dealers try to force me into add-ons. I literally laugh and walk out. Any dealer who has add-ons is a joke.

No add on or adm is a joke. As long as you’re getting a deal and paying under market value you’re getting a good value. I can name 20 cars I would pay addons for right now and still be able to flip it for thousands, depending on the price of those addons.

Give me all the civics you can get with $1000 of ppf! That’s still a good deal

4 Likes

Yeah there’s a difference between value adds and ADM.

2 Likes

Side note, the new civic a huge downgrade except for exterior styling

I think buyers need to reject add-ons on principle because while there may be a select few DEALS that make sense with numbers in the add-on box, there will be hundreds or even thousands of buyers who just get taken for a ride on these useless add-ons. It’s a practice designed to mislead consumers with false advertising. So any dealer who engages in this practice is a trash dealer imo. But what else is new.

I guess I would prefer a catalytic converter cover for $1000 then a straight adm tho…

You mean like the ones that I see people cut around on r/justrolledintotheshop?

1 Like