M550 vs M5 lease debate

, ,

Central Jersey/shore area, I’m just lucky they redid almost all my roads in the past 2 years, because if they didn’t I wouldn’t have the M8 right now. Jersey and NY roads are just that bad

1 Like

I’m in Central Jersey, driving through Marlboro yesterday I hit something I thought the wheel is going to fall off and I swear I need alignment checked now. I think that’s why most cars I see here even with M and AMG badging are all SUVs.

I live like 20 min away from marlboro and I can attest to that. The only people with m3-m4s are young guys who don’t care for ride quality at all. My boy used to live on matchaponix and those roads were actually the devil. Who uses rock anymore for roads

I was going to say that I like the style of that car, other than the color…

Lol I meant it in a good way. The m8 gc is one of the best looking M cars in a long time

1 Like

I mean the color is sexy tbh.

2 Likes

I like it more now LOL, though I’m not sure I would spec mine with that color. That is a fairly nice looking sedan IMO.

I kind of like the color simply because it’s not a bland black, grey or white. This green is another nice color.

4 Likes

Alpina b8 omg

I didn’t know if u meant disgusting as bad or good lol half my friends use it in either manner

They absolutely smashed the fastback sedan category with the gran coupe

Ahhh to be in my 20s again and loaded like this kid. Take it easy on those 120mph runs on public roads. I thought I was a racer too at 24 with my 03 m5 until few close calls set me straight.

I’ve never been that frightened cuz I generally only rip it when the roads are empty on Saturday, and ya I’m not loaded, just grinding and blowing on expensive cars

I feel like most of the current BMW models just don’t photograph very well. They look much better in person where you can really appreciate the lines, curves, depth of the lights, etc. I scroll right past pictures of M4s/M8s but they are head-turning in real life.

Agreed, especially on a performance car. I prefer to have a bit more noise for my color. That green is nice and I like the rims.

I’ve seen that to be the issue with many vehicles, especially in regards to paint color.

You need the right paint or it’s not worth it.

1 Like

Yeah, especially metallic colors. Can’t tell Alpine and Mineral white apart in pictures, but very easy to tell in real life. Can’t really see the sparkles on a static image. Black also hides the lines. For example, I think the G20 3 series and G05 X5 look downright “NPC” in black while every other color looks great. Hard to go wrong if you commit to the full murdered-out look, but I think there are more interesting colors. Maybe I’m just tired of black since my previous cars were all black.

Black cars are a dime dozen

1 Like

Went back and found a b6 photo from my European delivery a few years ago. Hmm… I now miss the car. Matte Alpina blue.

5 Likes