M550 vs M5 lease debate

, ,

Ha! I think @Lazarus is under 25 and @HersheySweet is under 20 if memory serves me.

2 Likes

Is it crazy that I feel old at 27, I look around at all these 23 or 24 year olds and I’m like damn I felt so young and that was only a few years ago but feels like a lifetime.

I think 27 is that age that sh*t hits you, 30 ain’t too far around the corner.

2 Likes

I hate you so much right now

Not really but kind of

7 Likes

If it’s any consolation I’m getting a taste of that medicine now :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. Look good feel good but wonder how it is that I’m 10 years out of high school next may.

The cars you listed are more than crazy lol :joy:

Ding Ding Ding! Also 27 and got my first performance-ish car - an M340i couple months ago. Friend has a G80 M3 and he hates the stiff ride whereas I would only want to keep the suspension set to Sport plus aka stiff AF.

But I feel exactly the same re 23-24 year olds. Probably an exaggeration but it’s all downhill from here haha

I’m 22 and working 13 hour shift def doesn’t help with feeling young lmao :joy:. I feel like I lived 2 lifetimes already, retail will do that to you. I literally have silver hairs coming in and it’s actually depressing lmao

u guys know nothing about stress until you have a kid LOL…enjoy your 20 and 30s.

3 Likes

I just started noticing some of my gray hair, that’s when you know you are getting old man.

I feel you on the long shifts too, it gets draining real quick.

It just feels better, I don’t know how to describe it but just being connected with the road makes the driving experience that much more exciting.

Unfortunate but I guess it’s the truth, even at 25 I was like damn I’m living life right now, soon as 27 hit it was like an o sh*t feeling, like when you reach the initial climb in a roller coaster, the few seconds before you drop.

2 Likes

Ya having kids is whole different ballgame, but busting your ass like you have them is pretty grueling lmao. Only thing I can enjoy the $ I make nowadays is on cars or food lol.

I mean physically draining it def is, but my mind is still pushing like it’s the first day on the job.

100%. Exactly my thoughts. Like Mike said, we can enjoy it until our backs go bad hah

You’re 22, work retail, have an m8, and are thinking about an M5?

What is “retail” code for here?

8 Likes

7-11 franchise baby :baby:t5:

2 Likes

If it helps, the M8 is only 1200 a month with only inception at signing etc, came out to 7k at signing, so the deal was def a unicorn

Ahhh

The family business.

Makes sense now! :slight_smile:

Keep hustling and good for you!

1 Like

I started working at 11 and I started doing my families leases at 15 lol, 7 years and 6 cars later we are here

2 Likes

Don’t have experiance with the 5 series.

But I have had an x5m and an x5 50i, I also had an m6 and an Alpina b6. Both times I preferred the non M variants, the M’s were too “rough and sporty” for me as daily drivers even on all comfort modes.

It all depends on the person though, my dad who is almost twice my age loved his x5m as a daily.

1 Like

It sounds as though BMW did a fine job of differentiating the two then. Those are the differences I would expect between the two. The M550 was never intended to be the sort of performance (sport) that the M5 offers.

Never would expect it to be, but an alternative for people who don’t want to absolutely murder themselves by having an m5 as a daily.