M550 vs M5 lease debate

, ,

That’s because you’re a young man with no kids or back problems.

12 Likes

I would have already but no dealerships near me have any m550s

:rofl::rofl::rofl: better get it out of my system now then huh.

5 Likes

If that ain’t the truth brother

3 Likes

This gotta be the most alpha comment I’ve read on the forum, big words like visceral hurt my head lmao :joy:

1 Like

Go big or go home.

In all honesty a lot of the pre-lci suspension complaints have been fixed and the post lci m5 comp isn’t nearly as rough as it used to be.

The m550 will be good enough 99% of the time until you run into something more powerful, so as long as you aren’t easily baited into races you will be fine.

I would definitely do some exhaust mods though, both are rather quiet. Unless you prefer them being quiet for your kids, wife, neighbors, etc etc

I’ve got an M8 for the crazy highway races, the motorcycles even clear paths for me when they see it lol, just needed a daily monster that was great for all around driving.

If you have an m8 I wouldn’t settle for anything less than the m5. M550 will feel underpowered to you.

Maybe just get a base m5 instead of a comp.

If you have an m8 I wouldn’t get either car.

Add some spice to that lineup and get something like a wrangler 392 that serves multiple purposes and won’t depreciate.

3 Likes

Durango hellcat tbh if we are going there.

I have a 2021 M550i and my buddy has a 2021 M5 Comp. We’ve switched cars before to see how we like them both. All in all, I personally prefer the M550i both from a price perspective and overall practicality. The M5 is fun as hell to drive and is somewhat quicker than the M550i (by half a second from a standstill), but the M550 is plenty fast for Los Angeles driving and WAY more comfortable than the M5. If money is no object and you can deal with a very stiff ride, go with the M5. If you like to have power and a smooth ride, and want to save some money too, go with the M550. I will say though the M5 exhaust sounds a lot better than the M550i, so consider that too!

1 Like

That V8 from JEEP has got you talking blasphemously lol

I second that, m5 and m8 wont be all too different dynamically. Get something smaller if thats the case, youll feel how much better a lighter car can take the twisty roads than a 4000+ lb M5/8

1 Like

The difference between 0-60 in 2.8/2.9 versus 0-60 in 3.6 is way more than the numbers indicate.

Your head is thrust back under 3, 3.5 is plenty fast but not g force level imo.

I would say somewhat quicker is a disservice, from a roll the power difference is monumental.

The m5s are dyno’ing near 700 hp compared to the paltry 520 hp in the m550

M550 vs m5 is like the scat pack vs hellcat debate.

The m550 is plenty power but once you touch the m5 you never want to go back aside from comfortability.

The biggest point for the m550 is that it is a far better daily driver and won’t aggravate you or your passengers back or necks.

1 Like

Don’t forget to upgrade the exhaust :slight_smile:

My dad HATES my car, he says it’s too loud, doesn’t like the color, thinks it’s not comfortable, et al.

And I will enjoy it.

2 Likes

My dad loved the hellcat but hated the image, he didn’t like it when he heard my car coming 2 blocks away at a formal event :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

He won’t drive anything other than a bmw or Mercedes to weddings, parties, etc etc

I guess parents are like that lol.

Are EVs an option? If you already have an M8, I would go for a nice EV instead

:grin::grin::grin:

What’s the definition of “young”? Less than 40? :thinking:

Everyone saying their parents hate their fast cars but the M8 was my dads idea :joy::sob:

1 Like

He doesn’t hate fast cars its just gotta be bmw or Mercedes when he goes to weddings, parties, etc

He actually got me into cars, now I know more than him lol, but he has owned some crazy cars or at least I think think they are crazy, like the lp700-4, 720s, c7 zr1, and currently a 488 pista,

Up for debate, I got the hellcat at 23 during the end of the great $500 leases, I think @HersheySweet has me beat tho with an m4 at 18.

3 Likes