Luxury Car Lease ~$2,000/month

Well, that explains the strange car behavior of one of my neighbors who is also in commercial real estate. He drives a 911 Turbo, slowly. He drives like 10mph in the neighborhood, and he drives like 10 below the speed limit on the road. Never heard him rev his engine on his 911. His wife drives a beater minivan. He has a second vehicle, a Macan, for when the entire family has to go somewhere (he has a wife and two kids). His wife will drive the Macan once in a while, but not often. I think she prefers the beater minivan over the Macan.

1 Like

First off I would definitely hire a broker who deals with these cars.

Second you need to narrow what you want, do you want to be seen or do you want the driving experience?

If you want to be seen I would say rrs svr, maybe q8 rs is on the table, AM, etc etc

Now if you want the driving experience I would say m5 comp/m8 comp, 911, e63 amg, etc etc

You need to test drive these cars to see what you like and donā€™t like, unless youā€™re a badge snob or a mindless be seen kinda guy then you will be able to appreciate all the cars listed above for what they are.

I think m8 gc would best fit you, has 4 doors, great driving experience and still maintains that flash to a certain extent.

1 Like

What Aston Martin do you think would be the best fit: Vantage?

Not a badge snob, just want something really nice for my money

Do you ever need to transport clients in your vehicle?

1 Like

For the streets? Dbs superleggera, though Iā€™m not sure under $2000 is possible.

Outside of the vantage Iā€™m not sure the db11 or dbs can be hand under $2000

I can respect that, bay area and socal are known to be full of badge chasers lol. But yeah getting the best bang for buck is a solid argument

RS6 build can hold signs, dogs, clients, kids, more importantly it can hold like 3 mil+ in cash if we assume 1 million takes up about 8.67cubic feet.

8 Likes

No- I am not an agent. This will just be for me and my wife

I got quoted 1785 a month for a p525d with 7500 upfront, in British racing green. Not worth the $

Wait wait wait ā€¦ Iā€™m going to sum up what just transpired.

OP: folks, what should I lease? I like the RR. What else is there?

Answers: Aston or Taycan

E-tron GT

S Class, Porsche, Audi, RR

Taycan

Audi something

M8

Panamera

Something classic

Taycan

Aston

AMG GT

OP: This thread just confirmed RR for me.

Considering NOBODY answered RR as their first choice, and most didnā€™t list it as a choice at all, you obviously didnā€™t come here for any opinions.

3 Likes

I think I spoke too soon. Iā€™m still up in the air. I need to test drive at least a handful of these

• Range Rover Sport
  • Range Rover Full Size
  • S class
  • Aston Martin
  • Amg GT
  • Taycan 4s

If you have a wife why do you need such an expensive car??

Nice cars help alot with the last mileā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

Good question, hah. I literally have $2k/month allotted for me to spend on a car(s).

M8 gran coupe should def be on that list too, lovely gran tourer.

2 Likes

I think I already know the answer to this, but how do you feel about a Tesla Model S?

You could get the new Model S Plaid with $0 down and still be right under $2,000/month.

Do not forget to bring a bottle of Don Perignon for your sales manager so he can call you when the new body can be reserved sometime next year. Your competitor has probably already done that . :champagne:

If anything this thread just contributed to the decision paralysis.

Besides, most answers are of the ā€œwhat I would getā€ variety which just reflect that personā€™s preferences/biases and add almost 0 value.

There is almost no rational basis for any of these cars over another so it just comes back to the OP getting what the OP wants.

1 Like

Yeah, but itā€™s fun to dream, and this isnā€™t a dumpster fire. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard a few people say if youā€™re going to go with an RR, get a full size or nothing. Not my opinion - just something to consider if that kind of thing matters to you

1 Like

This looks amazing

2 Likes

I donā€™t think those people could be more wrong. One can be shopping in 4 different price points (Evoque, Velar, and up) and if the RR product appeals to you then get it.

That being said, $2,000 budget for a Sport just seems preposterous to me. Canā€™t think of a reason to skip the RR full size and get a Sport at that price point especially for someone seemingly obsessed with image and what the car projects

1 Like