Lucid Motors spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Cancelled, yet no refund :frowning:

Same…

10char

This $300 reservation will allow me to purchase Lucid car at its initial price. What’s it worth?
I think it was $79k for the cheapest model. I wonder if it can be combined with $7,500 lease fed rebate. I’m going to guess that there are no MSRP discount like Tesla. Any possible hacks with this “golden” ticket? I think I know the answer…

I wish they come out with an SUV at the same price point… it would sell like hotcakes. 2 years ago, a car would’ve worked, but now I need a minivan. :frowning:

Edit: What if on lease paperwork they give me a $10k discount from current MSRP? That would be better since the residual will be calculated at the higher newer MSRP. Wonder if they do MSD…

So advertised lease $12k down and $1300/month. Maybe I can hack it to zero down $1200/month. Still too high for my blood

Pretend you never put a deposit, and forget about the Lucid

1 Like

Without a provision for transferability it’s not worth a penny on the secondary market.

1 Like
1 Like

Just canceled my Lucid Reservation and they returned me my $300 deposit. I had reserved it at the original price of $77k and then made it non-refundable in August 2022 (when the tax credit was changing). They still gave me my money back.

1 Like

Who did you contact?

I canceled through my Lucid Advisor. Literally told him I bought an EQS instead and couldn’t keep waiting for the Pure. lol He processed the cancellation, and I got an email letting me know that I would be receiving a refund. Saw it on my credit card a day later.

1 Like

Nice… thanks!!!

Did you submitted and finalized your Pure specifications after you made it nonrefundable?

Yikes. 125k current msrp

Lucid has been bugging me for a while for the registration information. I told them I don’t know the details yet. But they kept bugging me.

The car that I ordered will not be produced for like half a year. Why the rush?

Now I received an email that they will cancel my order if I don’t send them the reg info in X days.

Sounds like their cars are selling very well.

After a disappointing testdrive, this email made me a Lucid hater.

1 Like

My advisor told me I won’t receive a refund if I cancel but then a few days later I got this email.

Lucky for you guys, they never refunded my $300. I drove both the Lucid and EQS and the EQS is the significantly better product. Lucid Pure should be starting at $60k and toping out maybe at $90k for the Grand Touring. It is way overpriced as a product. Add the unproven brand (service, resale, reliability etc.) I expect the used market to be brutal compared to even original MSRP pricing…

2 Likes

Well technically the car is 60k not including the battery pack.

Anyone else get an email about lease and 0.99% (up to 72 month) finance offers?

Offer valid on select Touring and Grand Touring Lucid Airs that are currently available. Your actual APR may differ based on your credit history, loan term and other factors. Payment example: Monthly payment is $14.31 for every $1,000 you finance for 72 months at 0.99% Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Rates not available to refinance any existing loans. Cannot finance 101% or more of the vehicle price. Must apply by June 30, 2023. Subject to credit approval; this is not an offer to lend. Rates subject to change without notice. Only available to U.S. customers applying through Lucid Financial Services. Other conditions and restrictions apply.

yeah received the same email

I wouldn’t pay more than $60k for a Lucid.

Why pay $158k@.99% APR for a GT when a used one can be had for $99k? A year from now we could be seeing GTs go for low 60s.