Lucid Motors spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

I received the same email but it said I will receive my deposit and it showed up in my bank account.

Yes. If you choose to make a non-refundable deposit and then you choose to walk away, your deposit does not get refunded. You agreed to that.

Now, it sounds like lucid may be returning deposits that they have no obligation to return as a gesture of good will, so you may get lucky.

1 Like

Is it based on state? I’m in CA and they refunded my deposit.

Non-refundable deposits are not legal in CA

1 Like

Yeah I was just saying it seems to be local laws that depend on whether or not you can get your deposit back

Got confirmation of my deposit refund took about 10 days

https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/lucid-layoffs-luxury-ev-startup-17867241.php

Receiving my $300 deposit after cancellation took about 2 weeks.

Even after I canceled my order a week ago, I received this email. Not sure if they actually canceled my order or not. No word on the refund either.

If the curious minds want to crunch the lease numbers. For Pure 36m/10k RV is 51% and MF is 0.0035. They are passing the $7500 credit, the payment is still :poop:

Hanna likely no longer works there.

Thank you!
A couple months ago I was interested in a touring, the payment is almost 2k after 5k down. I was like how much is the RV and MF, the studio advisor said she doesn’t know. Now seeing the RV and MF… yeah…that’s why.

What’s odd is there’s so little used inventory. And nothing creeping below $100k. Are these going under $100k on the auction block?

Nothing is odd, most everyone being sold are Air Grand Touring models that start at $138k.

When you have barely 1 year vehicles with less 2k miles sitting unsold at $105k, that says it all.

Lucid values drop like a rock.

1 Like

At these rates, getting a used grand touring at a good price will be a much better deal than buying a pure or touring brand new.

1 Like

I meant so few used for sale nationwide seems a little odd. They have sold 10,000+ cars and only 70 or so are for sale used?

They do look like a tremendous used value but it seems a little risky. If the value plummets another $20k in 12 months that’s some expensive usage.

I am not being bitter because they wouldn’t refund my $300 but as someone who drove both the Air and the EQS, EQS is noticeably a more special car. Even if they had the same sweet lease deals like the EQS, I would still take the EQS over any Lucid Air trim.

Lease payment is about $1K with reservation pricing before MSRP increased. Anyone able to make $ Pure trim?

The only money you can make now is getting your $300 back

6 Likes