Lucid Motors spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Has anyone received this email after order cancellation that states they keep the $300 order fee instead of refunding?

1 Like

Thatā€™s unfortunate. They should have confirmed that canceling your order would not refund you your deposit.

A couple of weeks ago I used the contact us web form after signing into my account requesting the cancellation and refund of the deposit and havenā€™t heard any response. I called today, the rep said my request would be forwarded to my service advisor and I should see a refund in 10-15 business days. No hard sell or push back on the phone, not sure if the advisor will attempt to reach me to retain the sale or not.

I finally pulled the trigger too.

Tell them the lease structuring sucks.

Your avatar picture gives me brokeback mountain vibes :pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers:

ā€œI WISH I COULD QUIT YOUā€ - me to my custom ordered jeep wranglers

1 Like

I received a more generic response.

Did you guys make your deposits ā€œnonrefundableā€ before August 16? I cancelled my order and they are not refunding my $300 or returning my calls so farā€¦

I did make it non refundable and did finalize my order. I do not know if I will get the money back

Credit card dispute? Possibility?

I did not convert mine either. I placed the order May of 2022 before the msrp increase.

Keep us updated, iā€™m in the same boat as you

On what grounds?

2 Likes

I did a testdrive of the touring.

• Pros:
  • Interior material quality is stunning. Smells like money.
  • Ride quality is very good while not being too cushy.
  • Car feels nimble and handles well for the size.
  • Rear seat legroom and footwell are humongous.
  • Cons:
  • Poor sound insulation? Sounds like golf cart at low speed and a lot of wind noise at high speed.
  • Infortainment feels half baked.
  • A-pillar is thiccck and low. Blocks a quarter of side view.
  • Trunk is shaped weirdly and seems impractical. At least frunk is huge.
  • Verdict
    Great car with some rough edges. Would have sold well if Gravity came first with these virtues.

Not sure, blocking my money for a product that wonā€™t be even ready for next 1 year?

You agreed to a non-refundable preorder without a set delivery timelineā€¦

3 Likes

What are other options?
Walk away and forfeit $300ā€¦ and call it a day.

Or buy the car?

Thatā€™s how contracts work. Welcome to adulthood.

3 Likes

Thank you.