Lucid Motors spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

I’m in same boat about 10 days to finalize order, they called on Friday and said they will be in my area offering home test drives, but they don’t have Pure model, decided to try it anyway. They come with Grand Touring. I don’t like to write long posts, my overall impression was not great. Quality of exterior and interior is better then Tesla, but worse then BMW iX and Porsche Taycan that I’ve currently. Steering has a lot of play, I liked EQS 450 more honestly (which some people here are complaining about). Frunk is really great almost same in size as trunk, trunk itself is not great, as it has very narrow opening.
As other mentioned with existing payment estimates on lease/finance, it would be much better to get EQS at much better price.

1 Like

What kind of payments are you seeing on the Pure?

Canceled my lucid orders and they will give me back my deposits. Not worth it on base. Did it via emails.

Were these binding contracts or did you never convert them to binding last year?

$1200 on the Pure rear wheel drive with no additional options.

3 Likes

And with 7500 down payment ? Because they don’t pass 7500 on Pure at least as of now.

I asked the rep and they said they would but i didn’t really pursue it. If it is without the 7500 then that would be a no brainer no.

1 of each.

I don’t think there is money to be made on these. Grand Touring auction around 100k but sticker is 138-150k.

3 Likes

Pure is allegedly a $87k sedan without ventilated seats or surround view camera.

I am keeping my order as a call option.

1 Like

I received a voicemail from a Lucid sales consultant. I have until the 16th to stay locked in legacy pricing. I was directed to login to portal and complete my build. Does anyone know if I do this am I throwing away my $300 reservation deposit. I have little to no faith this will have any sort of squeeze left in it and I have no intentions of owning a pure air. If I can punt the can and see what shakes out in the future I may do that but if my deposit goes away I think I’m better off having $300 back in my bank account.

If you confirm your built you will not get your $300 back. Prior to confirming you likely can get the 300 back (definitely can if you didn’t lock in the "binding contract "). I am in the same shoes. Will call to get the 300 back.

1 Like

They REALLY want my DL and proof of insurance. For a late 23 delivery, pfff.

Has anyone had any luck getting the $300 back? Just got a message from my advisor saying “back in August you entered into a purchase agreement with Lucid, so the $300 deposit is not refundable.”

:joy:
Same. I fail to see why they need all my information when I am not even sure when and if I would be taking the delivery.

Fishy enough they told me it is location specific. I just canceled mine (i did the binding contract previously). Sounds like some managers will be difficult while others will allow it.

How did you get in contact?

My sales rep called and he said he’ll put in a request to cancel but ive been ghosted for the past 2 weeks :joy:

I called the number in the email.

1 Like

Could have to do with local laws re: validity of non-refundable deposits.

Depending on the language in the agreement, I would consider telling them you’re going to bring an action in small claims court if they don’t refund you. It’ll cost them more than $300 just to deal with that.

Not a good look that the company is hoarding $300 deposits, though…

Technical we did sign an agreement that made it non-refundable but all the rules changed with the IRS so it is worthless and they are being nice about refunding it.